Producton Manager - Batch Chemicals
|Newark, Delaware - United States
contact recruiter for details
|plus a small bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Production Manager/ Manufacturing Manger – Batch Chemical Plant (Delaware)
Why this might be a great opportunity?
You’ll be positioned to succeed as you step into a well-established chemical manufacturing plant.
- They are investing in this site! This global chemical company recently completed a major expansion project on this site.
- Expect career stability here; products are sold into a diversity of industry segments such that when one segment is down, they focus on chemicals for other business segments.
- They values safety and sustainability; i.e. OSHA VPP Star rated plant with Green Energy based power.
The Manufacturing Manager/ Production Manager has responsibility for ensuring that all expected measurements of performance (KPIs) are met for various areas of plant operations, including production, quality, safety, environmental, and variable cost budget.
- Managing Shift Supervisors and operations personnel
- Conduct performance reviews
- Manages a complex production schedule to ensure production plan targets meet on-time delivery to customers.
- Reducing operations costs while insuring quality standards are met
- Drive 5S and continuous improvement
- Support a VPP safety culture
- Drive continuous OEE and productive improvement tools through work with technical team
- Assure all production policies and procedures (SOP’s) are followed.
- Plant Safety and Environmental concerns: OSHA Regulations; EHS standards, Environmental permitting and Community Relations.
- Interacts with the company Senior Management Team, Maintenance and Plant Operations
Applicant profile request…
We are searching for a Production Manager or Shift Supervisor from a batch chemical manufacturing plant that operates under the OSHA PSM regulations in a site that tracks performance metrics (KPIs).
- BS Chemical or other technical degree
- 5 years minimum operations or production experience in a specialty chemical plant
- Supervision of an operating team; Union experience preferred
- Familiarity with Quality, PSM, and EHS standards in a batch chemical plant
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree