Program Manager III (Electronics)
|Dulles, Virginia - United States
$120,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Program Manager who will attain company objectives by managing military development programs, primarily sponsored by US DoD, within the constraints of scope, quality, schedule, cost and delivery of mission and safety critical products that meet contract requirements. Contract requirements are defined by the master prime or subcontract for acquisition of complex, US DoD-developed integrated sensor, countermeasure and weapons systems in accordance with DOD 5000 Defense Acquisition Policy. This includes the life cycle of the System Acquisition Framework including but not limited to Technology Development (TD), Engineering Manufacturing and Development (EMD), Production and Deployment, and Operations and Support (O&S). The PM III functions as the primary company interface for assigned programs to ensure contract compliance.
- Effectively lead a multi-functional program team of contracts, engineering, finance, quality, purchasing, manufacturing, and business development personnel to achieve project success
- Execute program activities in accordance with established company program management procedures
- Execute Earned Value Management system in accordance with ANSI/EIA-748 for Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule.
- Management of cost, schedule and technical baseline within program constraints.
- Program Risk Management processes including mitigation plans and reports.
- Lead overall proposal development activities and fulfill lead role in capture process for new or modified contracts.
- Pursue related business growth opportunities
- Approve, track and report all appropriate program expenditures
- Assist management and team members in understanding, accepting and communicating budgeting, scheduling and measurement concepts, theory and alternative approaches
- Organize program work utilizing the program plan and monitoring approach
- Analyze validity of schedules, budgets, risks and actions submitted by program teams and outside parties contributing to the program
- Produce comprehensive schedules, budgets, risk databases and action item lists in various formats and detail to suit different programs or audiences that document, sequence and integrate: action items, program tasks, production operations, supplier material, customer or government furnished material, data, or other project/program activity
- Lead management, program team and customer meetings and document meeting minutes
- Monitor actual progress, compare to baseline and report progress against schedule and budget as well as analyze and report trends and budget or schedule risk
- Review contracts and solicitations to identify budget and schedule requirements and constraints and forecast the impact of proposed change
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Engineering or other Science related discipline; MS or MBA preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- 15 or more years of pertinent work experience with a majority in a DoD-related Engineering Manufacturing and Development environment is required
- 10 or more years developing complex, integrated electronics or sensor systems in military or aerospace development environment
- 7 or more years in a program management role
ADDITIONAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level clearance
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Application of concepts and principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Risk identification and management
- Interpretation of customer needs
- Presentation creation and delivery
- Developing and maintaining business relationships
- Data analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills, sound judgment, initiative and creativity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills
- High energy and aggressive approach to issues
- Work ethics of high integrity throughout all areas of internal and external business activity
- Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Managing competing priorities
- Team building
- Proposal generation, management and negotiation
- Material and labor quoting
- Staff and skill mix allocation
- Project management planning, tracking, and adjustment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Knowledge of:
- Organizational constructs and dynamics
- Earned value management principles, manufacturing requirements planning, government contracting, business/proposal strategies
- Project management best practices, policies and procedures, negotiation
- Problem solving
- Personnel development
- Financial analysis and planning
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree