Senior Area Manager
|Fletcher, North Carolina - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location Asheville North Carolina,Senior Area Manager, beautiful location at the bottom of the Blue Ridge Mountains, auto Tier 1 Supplier Plant size 300 people.
The Program Manager is responsible for successfully managing all business aspects of a three (3) shift, seven (7) day operation of their department. This includes the ability to problem solve and debug equipment issues that affect line uptime, efficiency and scrap. Position is responsible to handle customer issues, including preparing and presenting engineering related report outs to customers. The position will foster an environment of teamwork and cooperation to ensure the successful achievement of the facility’s business strategy and financial objectives. Specifically, the position will ensure that daily production and quality demands are met while developing and executing long term growth and continuous improvement strategies. Performance will be tracked and measured against daily and monthly Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Continuous Improvement KPIs established from the overall plant initiatives.
Responsible for P & L on a Specific line of 50 employees
- Ensure a safe work environment.
- Drive investigation and root cause analysis for all safety related incidents within their department.
- Define area performance metrics.
- Champion engineering related continuous improvement strategies which support the overall business strategy including metrics of quality, cost, delivery, customer service, employee morale, safety, manufacturing technology, profitability, and business growth.
- Responsible for leading engineering projects as they relate to product and process development activities and providing technical expertise for the organization
- Provide guidance and leadership over the purchase and qualification machinery as needed for manufacturing purposes.
- Oversee the Design and build production equipment, fixtures and tooling as required.
- Ensure rigorous qualification of the manufacturing processes through robust process validation and verifications
- Support and provide leadership over performing root cause analysis, develop and implement corrective and preventive actions
- Coordinate investigation and corrective action for customer and internal issues
- Mentor team and or support customer calls to assist Quality concerns.
- Provide process training to manufacturing/operations personnel for new processes.
- Actively leads and/or supports any downtime, quality, or performance needs through troubleshooting and problem solving using different problem-solving applications like 8D, 6 Sigma, etc.
- Ensure required documents like process sheets, control plans, FMEA’s, FPPA, job instructions, etc. are completed and on the line.
- Write and or support the writing of AR narratives to justify the funding needed for cost reductions and continuous improvement projects
- Ensure proper and timely dispositions of the parts on hold as it pertains to rework or to be scrapped
- Perform weekly audits to ensure Safety, Quality, TPM, and Environmental pieces of the business are aligned.
- Support and drive the lean manufacturing system; assign work; and recommend and implement improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, employee relations, and working conditions.
- Develop departmental staffing.
- Participate in and approve the scheduling of their production area and any overtime required.
- Execute departmental disciplinary actions, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Oversee all departmental activities in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Build employee engagement through thoughtful incorporation of employee ideas.
- Responsible for area performance measures and individual employee work performance; provide coaching and direction to employees at various levels within the organization.
- Responsible for communication at all levels.
- Supports all shifts for manufacturing during the week and weekends, if necessary.
- Ensures future program needs are met through evaluation of department capacity, OEE, cycle times, etc.
- Timelines, efficiency and cost control are of the utmost importance
- Develops working relationships with the manufacturing, quality, human resources, information technology, accounting and materials department and equipment suppliers to facilitate process improvements
- Accountable for:
- Understanding all requirements of each job reporting to this position
- Ensuring each person is performing all requirements of the job
- Providing adequate training and development as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong mechanical engineering skills with ability to solve problems on a production line quickly.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of lean manufacturing processes/procedures required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Professional verbal and written communication skills essential
- Familiarity with proven safety programs or quality programs (i.e. Kaizen) a plus
- Knowledge of advanced aspects of products/processes that are managed
- Experienced and capable in building, leading, and motivating teams
- Understands human resource management and development skills
- Extensive personal computer experience and software knowledge
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of machine design principles, pneumatics, electrical, hydraulics and machine control.
- Thorough knowledge of project management techniques and tools (GANTT & PERT charts etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments principles.
- Four-year Engineering degree is required; mechanical engineering degree is preferred
- Masters’ degree in a technical field
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Mechatronics skills
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree