Project Accountant, Construction
|Atlanta, Georgia - United States
$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Project Accountant, private company – Atlanta, GA
Type of work: Full-time, Staff level, up to 10% travel
Salary Range: 70,000 - 80,000 plus bonus and full benefits, opportunity for growth
Skills: Project Accountant, financial close, billing, reconciliations, reporting, financial analysis, audits, tax compliance
Education: Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years experience
Reporting to: Director of Project Accounting
Full Job Description below.
Tips for Project Accountant applicants: Read the description below to see how each of the above targeted skills will be used. Make sure that your resume shows how you have utilized the skills within past positions. You should be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Do you have over 3+ years of experience as a Project Accountant in the Construction industry?
- Do you have significant experience in variance analysis and working with percentage of completion accounting?
- Do you use ERP systems to close the books?
- Are you an advanced user of excel, including pivot tables and macros?
- Do you work with well with clients and with members of the corporate team?
- Are you able to travel up to about 10% for company business?
- Lead process to assure timely performance of all accounting, reconciliation, project close process, managing all phases of percentage of completion cost accounting and finance transactions and controls, reporting and project draws and billing
- Serve as a primary point of contact between the business/operational leaders and the Finance and Accounting Department
- Lead accounting and tax compliance, documentation of internal controls, budgeting processes, payables, and receivables
- Lead analysis of all financial transactions and variances and controls
- Analyze project operations efficiencies and make improvement recommendations for project management, cost and financial operation processes and internal controls
- Develop key performance indicator reports, present findings to executive management and deliver upon operational objectives
- Lead development, maintenance and periodic updates of systems, policies and procedures for percentage of completion costs and gross margin
- Mentor personnel on key performance metrics and how each metric impacts financial results
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years construction financial leadership including operations planning, savings, and forecasting
- Dynamic, flexible team player with demonstrated effective interaction with all levels of company and client personnel
- Proven leadership of development, maintenance and periodic updates and analysis of systems, policies and procedures for percentage of completion costs and inventory valuation and reserves
- Significant continuous improvement and project management experience
- Direct experience in project financial close process, treasury, payables, receivables, budgeting and internal controls
- Advanced ERP and Microsoft Office skills including development of Excel pivot tables and macros
- Ability to participate in US travel up to about 10%
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree