|Title:||Project Engineer Chemical|
|Job Location:||Morgantown, West Virginia - United States|
|Salary:||$90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Great Opportunity for a Chemical Project Engineer for Morgantown WV.
Below is the Clients Description
General Description: The Lead Project Engineer’s main function is to execute capital projects for the site from conceptual phase through construction and closeout. Manage and provide technical support for projects with scopes that impact significant plant areas, scopes with multiple intertwined technical disciplines. These include Capital Projects and Plant Improvements/initiatives. Provide technical support to any and all areas of the plant, striving for continual improvements in plant safety, efficiency, and quality.
Capital Project Management:
• Manage Capital projects as assigned. Capital project execution will encompass all phases, from conception to close-out, including Scope Development, Cost Estimation, Justification and PAF, Schedule Development and Maintenance, Engineering & Design, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, and Start-up.
• Ensure that all affected Operating Groups are involved in all phases of a project, particularly in the critical Scope Development phase. Provide clear and timely communication to affected parties on project status, progress, and issues.
• Ensure that safety considerations are properly addressed and resolved through Safety Review meetings and PHA/MOC’s as appropriate.
• Ensure that environmental concerns are addressed and resolved.
• Ensure that project execution meets or exceeds industry and company technical standards.
• Ensure close adherence to project budget and schedule and communicate issues promptly.
• Ensure that all Project Close-out items are properly completed, including Training, Preventive Maintenance Implementation, and Project Documentation.
• Perform all work with a Can-Do attitude, striving for high quality, timely completion of projects.
• Provide engineering support for day-to-day troubleshooting and plant improvements throughout the plant.
• Provide plant support as a subject matter expert in at least one technical area (i.e. rotating equipment, instrumentation, civil/structural, etc.)
• Provide technical support to site incident investigations, PHA’s, MOC’s, Kaisen Events, process improvement initiatives, and equipment improvement initiatives as required.
• In all support work, promote and ensure compliance with safety standards and safe work practices.
Engineering Department Support:
• As a subject matter expert, lead the maintenance and continual improvement of department standards and practices.
• Review and maintain Engineering Department procedures, standards, and documentation.
• Provide support for developing and maintaining department priorities and resource allocation.
• Assist the Manager- Plant Engineering with development of yearly manpower and training requirements, yearly operating and capital forecasts, and provide proper justification of needs.
• Assist or take call duty or provide backup for other engineers and managers as directed by the Manager- Engineering.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science degree, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
• Min 10 years of Project Engineering and Project Management experience in Process industry
• Strong MS-Excel, MS-Word and database skills
• AutoCAD or Visio a plus
• Advanced degree in engineering a plus
• Able to apply engineering principles to meet project goals or solve technical problems. Skilled in the use of engineering tools. Can comfortably manage multiple projects with competing time and resources.
• Familiar with engineering design and practices to effectively prioritize and manage engineering resources. Effectively plan and use engineering resources.
• Establish workflows to maximize engineering productivity to minimize the use of capital. Familiar with project cost and schedule control methods and tools. Able to convert project objective to capital scope and estimates.
• Ability to work in a factory environment
• Ability to work in a Union/Non-Union Workforce environments
• Strong organizational and communication skills
Pass medical physical exam by company doctors and remain capable in accordance with the prescribed "Fit for Duty" job analysis where required by site location
• Results-Oriented – Demonstrates clear and compelling actions to achieve business and performance objectives.
• Inspire Others – Engages all stakeholders in a positive, energetic and productive way.
• Foster Teamwork – Collaborates, supports and leverages the strengths of others to accomplish individual, team and company goals.
• Change Agility - In times of change, maintains focus on business results and adjusts effectively to work within new organization structures, processes or requirements.
• Effective Communications - Verbal and written communications are clear, productive, timely and informative.
• Navigates Ambiguity - Handles risk and uncertainty commensurate to position, and is responsive in ambiguous situations.
• Applies Functional Knowledge/Skills – Owns area of functional expertise and knowledge by applying it to daily work and projects in a way that advances the function within the company.
BS Chemical or Engineering with 8-20 years experience. Looking for experience from the Chemical Process Industry where unit operations are applied. Candidate should have examples of completed process related projects from design through installation and start up. This Engineer should have completed projects at least $500k or more. Must be able to juggle multiple projects while insuring safety compliance.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree