Project Engineer - Materials Technology
|Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania - United States
contact recruiter for details
|good salary and benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Project Engineer - Materials Technology - PA
The North American HQ of a major international manufacturing company can offer you an opportunity to join their prestigious team as a Project Engineer. This firm is Engineering driven and has multiple avenues for professional growth and advancement. An excellent salary combined with cutting edge technical challenges will make this opportunity appealing to a progressive manufacturing/process development professional. Good Benefits
Good area for activity, universiities and healthcare. Easy to get to Philly and NYC.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Full life cycle product development and commercialization projects of engineered materials (thermoplastics, thermosets, composites, coatings, metallic alloys, etc.) including:
- Concept generation
- Presentation and communication of ideas
- Modeling of concept (via drawings and/or hardware)
- Interfacing with Marketing/Sales to refine concept to meet customer requirements
- Costing of initial design
- Project and/or procurement authorization preparation
Plastic part product design and possess technical knowledge in polymer process and application (injection molding, RTM, RIM, extrusion, compression molding, etc)
Test and Validation of sub-assemblies and products from execution of detailed design all the way through commercialization including:
- Formulation of new polymers that meet customer's specifications
- Supplier selection participation (in-house or out)
- Testing against requirements (thermal analysis, mechanical analysis and chemical analysis)
- Awareness of instrumental analysis of chemicals and polymers (FTIR, DMA, DSC, TGA, Tensile etc
- Solving design problems
- Scrutiny and review of detailed cost estimates
- Leading a design review to assure customer and performance requirements
- Resolving tolerance issues
- Participation in tooling selection and approval of tooling based on samples
- Participation in evaluation of pilot production runs and problem solving
- Technical literature preparation and approval
- Education/training about new product
- BS in Chemical, Materials, or Polymer Engineering (Mechanical Engineering will also be considered). MS in in one of these fields is a plus.
- Knowledge of polymeric material testing and failure analysis.
- Thermoplastic and thermoset materials knowledge
- Experience in plastics product design, plastics processing, and program management of products made from thermoplastic or thermoset materials.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for part optimization with polymer-based products and materials a plus. Abaqus or Ansys preferred.
- Experienced in running analysis with Mold Flow Insight a plus.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree