|Australia - VIC Area, -
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Join one of Australia's leading Wind Farm Developers
- Gisborne | Ballarat | Geelong Location
- Fantastic opportunity for a Junior Project Engineer
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join a leading Wind Farm Developer and work on an exciting portfolio of Wind projects.
About the Role:
Based in Rokewood, regional Victoria, the Project Engineer will assist the Head of Project Delivery, supporting them in the day-to-day activities across a number of Wind Farm developments.
- Manage Landowner relationships, building a strong rapport with over 40 existing landowners
- Community engagement
- Contract negotiations
- Updating Lease Agreements and assisting in the negotiation process with landowners
- Assisting the Head of Project Delivery in day-to-day tasks
- Completing basic GIS tasks and functions
- Assist with the management of onsite works with minimal supervision or direction from Head of Project Delivery
- Basic understanding of Wind Farm Design and progression in application to GIS use.
- Basic understanding of farming practices and agricultural business
- Ability to read and understand consultants reports, identify key concepts and consideration
- Regular travel to site (5 days a week)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience in an Engineering or Graduate role
- Ability to work independently
- Critical thinking skills, ability to problem solve
- Ability to identify risks or issues in their area of work and advise management in a timely manner
- Experience in using GIS software
- Ability to relate to landholders (farmers) and to understand their businesses
- Interest in fostering relationships and establishing trust
- High level of attention to detail in reviewing maps and technical project reports
- Ability to vary communication to a range of different stakeholders – a natural communicator.
- This role is based on site in Rokewood, regional Victoria. Ideally the candiate will need to be based in Ballarat, Geelong or Bacchus Marsh.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree