|Goldsboro, North Carolina - United States
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This growing aerospace manufacturing company is looking for a Project Engineer to add to staff due to increase in business. This company is located in sunny NC not to far from the Raleigh Durham research triangle. This company offers great benefits and casual work environment as well an opportunity to grow your career. They are a division of a 7B publically traded company with locations across the US and overseas. Opportunities are endless here.
The Project Engineer will be a fundamental part of the design engineering organization. The Project Engineer will provide the driving force needed to complete the development of mechanical and electrical equipment as part of complex integrated systems. Key duties include the understanding of contractual, technical and process requirements. Decomposing, organizing and assigning tasks to achieve project objectives. Interaction with multiple functional groups internally as well as with vendors and customers. Organizing verification and qualification test activities to meet customer certification requirements and aircraft program schedules. Integrating complex electronic and software-controlled equipment. Provide leadership to less experienced engineers and integrated product teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Project Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager or the Director of Engineering depending on the projects.
- Execution: Organize, assign and track tasks needed to complete development projects. Create lists of deliverables based on requirement specifications. Organize tasks based on priority and length to meet the overall project schedule.
- Lead Integrated Product Teams.
- Identify and recruit project resource needs.
- Prepare data needed to conduct design reviews, and present to customer team.
- Review and manage requirement specifications, including compliance and verification matrices.
- Participate in system and equipment development planning.
- Provide concise summaries to document overall compliance to cost, technical and schedule requirements, and participate in internal company program reviews.
- Provide technical leadership in multiple functional areas.
- Write and review reports to document compliance to project requirements.
- Provide cross functional technical leadership to resolve equipment and system level issues.
- Responsible for the financial evaluation, estimating, quoting, execution and reporting on status of the development projects. Keep track of costs to meet project cost targets. Provide key cost indicators on a regular basis.
- Provide support for business development activities.
- Ensure that the mechanical design work is performed in accordance with Design to Cost (DTC), Design for Manufacture (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA) process requirements.
- Get behind and advance the use of the SolidWorks suite of design tools (SW Premium with Simulation, SW Composer, SW Inspection, EPDM, SolidWorks CAM).
- Maybe required to travel to customer site.
- Minimum: Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering from a four-year college or university
- Preferred: Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Mechanical or Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering or related field of study
- Experience in the design of dynamic mechanical and electro-mechanical components and mechanisms.
- Experience in the creation, publication and revision of engineering drawings in accordance with ANSY Y14.100 standards.
- Experience in the troubleshooting of mechanisms in the context of the development cycle
- Experience in the certification of mechanical and electro-mechanical components for civil or military aerospace applications
- Experience in creating tolerance analysis for large assemblies and ensure compliance with aircraft interface requirements
- Experience in stress analysis (including materials science), FEA and motion simulation
- Advanced Experience with SolidWorks toolset or equivalent
- Leadership experience with managing large groups of engineers, in the gated development process
- Advanced experience with manufacturing processes and tools used in the industry
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree