Project Manager - ESP (Electric Submersible Pumps)
|Los Angeles, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
|Commensurate with experience
Relocation package of $10K, can be negotiated
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a leadership position on the Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP) project team. Company provides reliable, available and retrievable artificial lift technology that increases the production and recovery of hydrocarbons from conventional and unconventional wells. In this position, you will plan and execute the engineering project collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders from inception of concept through the specification, analysis, design, prototyping, validation & verification testing, system integration testing and well installation and commissioning to meet both customer and company objectives. The job will require travel, meeting with customers and understanding their applications. With dynamism and the determination on execution, there are huge opportunities for growth within the company.
- Manage the execution of the new product development project of the next generation Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP)
- Work with business development internally and customers externally to define project scope, deliverables, and specifications for proposals on new projects and added scope for existing projects
- Formulate project plan, including work break down structure, schedule and budget by coordinating with internal stakeholders, such as engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and testing
- Execute project plans and keep project on time and on budget
- Report project progress to management and communicate with customers to manage their expectations
- Have technical ownership and oversight, and responsibilities of both the internal and external reviews of the design
- Interact and guide third-party vendors to ensure that the sub-projects are well defined and executed and the main projects are delivered on scope, on time and on budget
- Lead Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) before design phases, formulate risk assessment and associated mitigation plans during design phases, and conduct root cause analysis after design and testing phases by involving both internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare Validation & Verification and System Integration Test plans with testing leads, monitor the progress of testing and document all test results to meet the project deliverables
- Support customers in product commissioning and system integration at their sites with the field test engineer and design team
- Collaborate with procurement, manufacturing, and quality team to prototype the products and desposit manufacturing deviations
- Work closely with reservoir engineer to optimize the performance of the well with the ESP
- Provide guidance and needed information for the internal design team and third- party design vendors in the areas of her/his expertise in ESP operations to design required equipment for deployments, operations and interventions of the ESP in the wells
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical).
- 3+ years technical background and good understanding of ESPs and machine design (ie: design, validation, operation, sustaining, or manufacturing of ESPs).
- Capability and desire to lead project management.
- New product or machine component development experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Well Interventions (slickline, e-line, or coiled tubing) and Well Completions is required. Subsea/Offshore ESP completions and applications is a plus.
- SolidWorks experience is preferred.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree