Project Manager - Electrical
|Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - United States
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Project Manager - Electrical
- Have a hand in shaping who the company becomes
- Career growth opportunities since company is at "start" of it's life (It is 2 years old spin off from Honeywell having been stable and profitable)
Responsibilities of Position:
- Provide discipline engineering support to manufacturing, when needed. Ability and experience in the following: Support the writing of capital Appropriation Requests for your area of expertise, Pre-startup safety reviews (PSSR’s), Management of Change (MOC), Scoping, design, Q.A./Q.C., installation, startup assistance, ordering parts and writing W.O.’s. Metrics must be met regarding safety, schedules and budgets. Provide assistance in writing lock-out/tag-out plans to ensure safety during new construction and turnarounds
- An advocate for strong safety awareness program with a consistent implementation of policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings.
- Ability to manage and execute non-electrical capital projects.
- Manage the execution of capital investments through their entire life cycles in areas assigned: including prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation. Integrate plant personnel to ensure results that meet the needs of the plant Customers.
- Manage $3M - $15M in capital projects annually.
- Knowledge in electrical engineering discipline, including NEC, MCC’s, Controls Systems, Motor Controls, Switchgear, Low and Medium voltage.
- Interface with plant electrical reliability engineering and other electrical engineers in the organization to provide proven engineering designs.
- Prepare bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment and services.
- Responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures on a monthly basis.
- Oversee appropriate maintenance and records of all drawings, specifications, programs, and other documentation for such managed projects.
- Provide support on the business Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plan and the Six Sigma Initiatives, in order to develop the appropriate capital plans/budgets.
- Mentor early career Projects Engineers
- Anticipated travel – 10%
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
8-15 years of experience of increasingly related responsibilities in the electrical engineering field related to Petro/Chemical Industrial Plants.
- Experience in the management of financial budgets, projects and troubleshooting.
- Proficient with applying NEC, NFPA and API codes and standards to Electrical Engineering Design related to Petro/Chemical Industrial Plants.
- Working knowledge of industrial work practices as related to Health, Safety, and Environmental impacts
- MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- PE is preferred
- Experience in the management of financial budgets, projects, troubleshooting, team building, and overall leadership sought.
- Knowledgeable of Automation/Controls type projects is a plus
- Customer Focused – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Technical – Understands engineering and project management principles. Experience in the use of SAP, MS Project, other MS Office Suite of products, and Primavera desired.
- Agent for Change – not satisfied with the status quo, willing to take strong and effective action to effectively manage capital investments. Committed to continuous improvement; Recommend and develop innovative processes.
- Interpersonal skills – Relates well to all levels and kinds of people (engineers, designers, craftspeople, accountants, suppliers, & construction contractors); builds appropriate rapport. Listens well.
- Self-starter; Results driven; Anticipate/initiates and implements solutions; proactive.
- Strong people leadership, including mentoring and coaching skills.
- Action Oriented – Full of energy for the things that need to be accomplished; Bias for action; Team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and decision-making skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of chemical plant operations and processes.
- Track record of successfully managing this magnitude of investments.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt (or Blackbelt) certification or equivalent experience implementing productivity / continuous improvement projects.
- Formal training and certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is desired.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree