|Worcester, Massachusetts - United States
$90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a leader in advanced material solutions, product lines encompass applications for the composite and protective markets. Developing technologically advanced fiber reinforcement, prepreg and other material solutions for customers in the aerospace, military/defense, transportation, energy and protective markets, they need a proactive Project Manager Product Developer who can work from the lab and deal with the customer and other stake holders.
Our client is a leader in advanced materials solutions with an international manufacturing and sales presence. Product lines encompass applications for the composite and protective markets. Their success is based on developing technologically advanced fiber reinforcement, prepreg and other material solutions for our customers in the aerospace, defense, industrial, energy and protective markets.
The Project Managers primary responsibilities are to develop prepreg systems and composite solutions in support of multiple industries.
- Interface with Customers and Sales to gather and analyze material requirements
- Lead multidiscipline teams to develop thermoset and thermoplastic composite prepreg solutions for the aerospace, defense and industrial markets.
- Lead projects with members from Operations, Quality and R&D to develop and commercialize prepreg systems including operating parameters, workmanship standards and test protocols.
- Lead projects to characterize and/or qualify new and existing prepreg materials
- Provide application support as the key technical point of contact for major customers
- Participate in training of others in the R&D and Engineering organizations
- Attend trade shows representing the company in technical discussion
- BS Degree Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering MS desirable
- 5 + years’ developing composite prepreg systems in aerospace, defense or industrial markets.
- Thorough knowledge of the properties, usage and supply base of glass, carbon and other high performance fibers and reinforcements
- Experience with thermoset resin chemistry prefer epoxy or phenolic-based for prepreg systems
- Managed composite prepreg product qualification projects
- Transferred R&D products from initial concept through manufacturing commercialization
- Worked with physical and mechanical test standards generating and interpreting data received
- Travel of 15% may be required
University - Master's Degree