|Jacksonville, Florida - United States
$70,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Real-estate finance company with a niche within the healthcare industry seeks to grow its accounting team by adding a strong Property Accountant who will own the functions of this role. This position is highly visible to both the Controller and CFO and interacts routinely with external auditors. Career progression is definitely a possibility for a strong performer.
We are seeking a Property Accountant to fill a vital role within our corporate accounting department. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the position will be responsible for:
- Maintain the general ledger for multiple properties.
- Complete the monthly close process including preparation of journal entries.
- Prepare monthly property financial statements.
- Review documentation and coding of payable invoices, check requests, and capital expenditures.
- Assist Property Managers in preparing the annual budget.
- Work with Property Managers to explain Budget vs. Actual variance analytics.
- Monitor monthly mortgage payments.
- Prepare and review debt compliance reports including Debt Service Coverage Ratio.
- Accruals including EOM (end of month), quarterly overage, and recovery.
- New Property Acquisitions setup and Purchase Sale Agreement tracking.
- Review monthly workbooks as needed.
- Update accounting procedures.
- Ad hoc financial analysis.
- Special projects including staff training and work review as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in Real Estate/Property management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and computer literate.
- ERP experience, MRI preferred.
- Highly organized, concise, detailed, flexible and efficient.
- Good listening skills and be service oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree