|Miami, Florida - United States
$65,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our Property Accountants become experts in every financial and accounting component of their portfolio of properties including addressing the many financial requirements needed to buy and sell real estate. This position is ideally suited for a well-organized individual who can work independently and has attention to detail. The company is in an acquisition mode and rapidly growing so the individual must be able to cope and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Maintain the general ledger for multiple properties
- Complete the monthly close process including preparation of journal entries and completion of accounting workbooks
- Prepare monthly property financial statements
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and provide applicable schedules as backup to ensure accurate reporting
- Prepare quarterly external financial reports
- Review documentation and coding of payable invoices, check requests, and capital expenditures
- Prepare and file Sales tax returns if required
- Monitor cash balances and prepare weekly and monthly bank statement reconciliations
- Assist Property Managers in preparing the annual budget
- Work with Property Managers to explain Budget vs. Actual Income Statement variance analysis and provide comments
- Update accounting procedures
- Ad hoc financial analysis
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of accounting experience in Real Estate/Property management preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and computer literate
- Highly organized, concise, detailed, flexible and efficient
- Good listening skills and be service oriented
- Must be able to work independently
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude
Competitive compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
Full benefits including: 3 weeks of paid vacation, 5 sick days, company paid health and dental insurance for all employees, 401K and discretionary annual performance bonus.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree