|Buffalo, New York - United States
$45,000.00 - $50,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our WNY manufacturing client has an immediate need for a Purchasing Coordinator with responsibility for full cycle sourcing and acquisition of materials.
- Sends requests for quotations to current suppliers
- Generates purchase orders for a specified group of suppliers for stock and non-stock item, and confirms PO changes in ERP Software
- Manages purchase expedite dashboard to ensure raw material and finished goods are on time; expediting material requirements and resale parts as necessary
- Monitors POs through portal for supplier's setup for web access
- Point person for delivery dates for incoming deliveries and documents vendor correspondence
- Reviews and assists in maintenance of compliance procedures
- Works with other departments on returns, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years purchasing experience in a high transaction environment
- Proficiency working in a computer supported environment using business software and Microsoft office programs
- Demonstrated familiarity with U.S. Customs processes
- Strong math aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow; able to multi-task
- Candidates should be ambitious, aggressive, and possess a willingness to learn and grow professionally in a fast-paced environment
- Purchasing for manufacture is a definite plus!
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree