Quality Assurance Coordinator
|Fort Wayne, Indiana - United States
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Promotable candidates are best for this role. Printing is a plus, not a must.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator’s role is responsible for quality management support in the high-speed production area, including responsibility for the development and implementation of quality policies, procedures, and practices.
The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee quality systems (webtools, HARPC, HACCP, and HACQP plans)
- Training of associates on the quality systems
- Interpret Customer drawings and confer with management and technical staff to help determine standards
- Maintain files of customer samples and color standards
- Record test data and apply statistical process controls
- Help to verify incoming packaging supplies comply with Certificate of Analysis
- Completing monthly internal audits for designated areas, including both a physical audit and document review
- Supporting continuous improvement of the SQF systems
- Support the development implementation, review, and maintenance of SQF systems
- Support the Food Safety and Quality Fundamentals
- Support the Food Safety and Quality Plan
- Completing secondary responsibilities including sampling ingredients, working with the sales department to meet customer requests (documentation requests, audits, samples, etc.) and investigate customer complaints.
The primary job duties of the Quality Assurance Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing and updating quality systems daily
- Creating and implementing training of associates monthly
- Performing monthly internal audits for designated areas
- Completing new item change requests, ensuring that items are ready for realization as needed
- Sampling ingredients, verifying oil blends, inspecting tankers, and environmental swabbing as needed
- Completing reports with information for senior sales group, customers, ownership, and other company decision makers as needed
- The Quality Assurance Coordinator has the authority to approve the release of ingredients, shut lines down or hold products for quality issues, and make decisions on how to proceed with incidents.
Experience – Two or more years of related experience.
Education – Minimum of a two-year college degree, or equivalent work experience.
Candidates should be assertive, have the ability to work with minimal direction, demonstrate problem solving techniques, work independently, and have great communication skills.
Candidates should also have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- HARPC PCQI and/or HACCP Training Certificate
- Knowledge base in paper production and printing process.
- SQF Practitioner
- Internal auditing certificates
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years