Quality Assurance Manager
|Bohemia, New York - United States
$95,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Stable, growing company seeks embedded software engineer for their Long Island NY facility. They are well-established and have a strong product portfolio in the electronics space, providing high-reliability connectivity, power and control solutions for aerospace, defense, industrial, and space applications. They are developing new technologies for their customer base in the US and internationally. They are a nimble mid-size company. Part of a larger corporation with great benefits, etc.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager will lead and manage the Quality function. The manager will establish the overall strategy and direction for achieving world-class quality levels as measured by our customers. This position will instill a culture of continuous improvement throughout our organization. The primary responsibility of this position is to assure regulatory compliance and conformance to our customer’s quality standards. This position will report directly to the VP of Global Operations.
- Administer the company Quality Management System
- Provide daily oversight of all quality-related processes with a focus towards improving processes, avoiding problems, and the timely resolution of production issues in an effort to increase the overall quality of products and services
- Lead the activities of the Quality function to include inspection, Quality Engineering, and Auditing
- Mentor, coach, direct and train less senior engineers, technicians, and interns to facilitate their ability to progress to higher levels of technical and professional achievement
- Define processes working with Supply Chain for qualifying suppliers and auditing applicable suppliers. Support Supply Chain ensuring suppliers comply and correct deficiencies and the receipt and filing of CAR and 8D reports.
- Act as the primary QA contact with customers and vendors in the discussion and resolution of quality-related issues for manufactured products
- Develop/Review/Revise work instructions and procedures in support of inspection, calibration and qualification processes
- Manages internal audit, corrective action and process improvement programs along with establishing effective corrective action
- Responsible for managing data associated with the non-conformance tracking and associated analysis and reports.
- Manages an effective Material Review Board process
- Ensures calibration of instruments and equipment are being performed according to procedures and regulatory requirements
- Ensures static awareness is being following and complied with along with periodic audits
- Provide input and implement annual capital equipment plan to support capacity needs and drive efficiencies
- May provide technical support to, and assist in determining the quality assessment of vendors
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers regarding sensitive technical issues
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions. Ability to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Skill in monitoring/assessing the performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
Educational / Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent and preferably MBA
- A minimum of 5-10 years' experience in the engineering / quality industry, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in Aerospace / Defense Electronics quality
- Working knowledge of Military and Industry standards (MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-STD-883, IPC-610, ISO-9001 and AS-9100)
- Six Sigma Certification highly desirable
- High degree of personal integrity and confidence
- Good conflict management skills
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree