Quality Assurance Manager
|Indianapolis, Indiana - United States
$70,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Very exclusive and confidential opening. Worldwide company. Growing !
The purpose of the Quality Assurance Manager is to be responsible for quality management support in the production area, along with being responsible for the development and implementation of quality policies, procedures, and practices.
The responsibilities are but not limited to, the following:
- Managing and updating quality systems (webtools, HARPC, HACCP, and HACQP plans)
- Creating and implementing training of associates on the quality systems
- Completing monthly internal audits for designated areas, including both a physical audit and document review
- Supporting continuous improvement of the SQF systems
- Oversee the development implementation, review, and maintenance of SQF systems
- Food Safety and Quality Fundamentals
- Sample ingredients and environmental swabbing
- Complete reports with information for senior sales group, customers and upper management
- Food Safety and Quality Plan
- Completing secondary responsibilities including sampling ingredients, verifying oil blends, inspecting tankers, working with the sales department to meet customer requests (documentation requests, audits, samples, etc.) and investigate customer complaints.
- Managing and updating quality systems daily
- Creating and implementing training of associates monthly
- Performing monthly internal audits for designated areas
- Completing new item change requests, ensuring that items are ready for realization as needed
- Sampling ingredients, verifying oil blends, inspecting tankers, and environmental swabbing as needed
- Completing reports with information for senior sales group, customers, ownership, and other company decision makers as needed
- Discuss quality concerns and address issues. Verify that quality is being maintained
- Discuss new programs and changes to systems
- Develop associates and assist in training
- Discuss quality concerns, status of inventory
- Resolution of customer complaints and documentation requests
- Schedule annual audits and relay ingredient results for buy items.
- Discuss any buy items status of shipments.
- Discuss quality issues due to materials not meeting specifications
- Has authority to approve the release of ingredients, shut lines down or hold products for quality issues, and make decisions on how to proceed with incidents. In the event of QA Coordinator’s absence, QA Director or QA Technician will cover job responsibilities.
Education – Minimum of a four year college degree and/or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a foods environment
SQF Practitioner HARPC PCQI and/or HACCP Training Certificate Internal Auditing Certificate/s
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree