Quality Control Laboratory Supervisor
|Brunswick, Georgia - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Worldwide leading flavors-fragerances polymers company
Great coastal GA location
The successful candidate will supervise the quality control laboratory and/or laboratory personnel while maintaining a close rapport with production and the Quality team to identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality. This is a key position within the Quality Team providing expertise and support to the Operations department and Production Management staff, fostering a cross departmental quality and compliance mind-set. Plant is a 24 hour/7 day a week polymers production facility.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by being aware of and implementing appropriate self-safety inspection program that comply with all company policies, local, state and federal regulations.
- Possess strong knowledge of the principles and laboratory applications of chemistry and maintain an understanding of technological principles and applications of the organization’s process, products and services as well as advances in emulsion polymer chemistry and related fields.
- Develop, document and manage analytical methodologies used in the evaluation or characterization of polymers from various processes.
- Mentor and develop staff members, in support of strategic business needs, ensure training levels are maintained for all members, sets objectives for, manage the activities of team members and evaluates performance.
- Coordinate and schedule all activities associated with the laboratory, track and report metrics as they apply to the specific processes, and act when unfavorable trends or other issues arise.
- Maintain laboratory equipment in a ready state, including overseeing instrument installation, qualification, and repair and lead the laboratory operations function to ensure that equipment and instruments used are available, functional and compliant with requirements.
- Manage product development projects efficiently and effectively to achieve target objectives.
- Advance the technical capabilities of the laboratory by evaluating, recommending and implementing new technologies to meet business needs.
- Maintain laboratory supplies inventory to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Manage a wide variety of analytical chemistry tests required to characterize product, intermediates and raw material for concentration, stability or other characteristics as well as manage the technicians who perform the analyses in the laboratory.
BS degree in Chemistry preferably with polymer background;
- 7 to 15 years of general lab experience;
- Proven leadership, management and supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge in the areas of polymer science surrounding the adhesives industry (preferred);
- Good product knowledge of widely used commercial resin and emulsion systems and additives;
- Direct experience scaling formulations from bench top research to product ready;
- Familiarity or experiences with hot melt, packaging, and product assembly;
- Knowledge of resins, polymers, cGMP;
- Demonstrated ability to work and contribute in team environment;
- Effective written and oral communication;
- Knowledge of designed experimentation and statistical data analysis;
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and set priorities.
- Thorough understanding of analytical chemistry and chemical instrumentation, particularly GC
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with various departments. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree