Quality Control Technician - Metrology
|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Reflex Staffing Solutions has been engaged to assist our client with a search for a Quality Control Technician with specific experience in Metrology. This role provides a flexible, team-oriented work environment with training and the opportunity for growth.
Our client is a high-performance polymer component manufacturer and global supplier of technically advanced functional parts and assemblies. Their customers include Fortune 500 OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers in aerospace, automotive, energy, and industrial.
- An outstanding benefits package including 401(K) Retirement Plan, Primary Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Paid Vacation and Personal time.
- A competitive salary and quarterly profit sharing based on company performance.
This role will be responsible for the inspection of parts and collection of data to demonstrate part compliance to customer drawings or other requirements. Will implement quality control parameters to distinguish between acceptable parts and parts that do not meet customer requirements in order to efficiently support customer delivery expectations.
- Develop an understanding of the internal Quality Policy and maintain a commitment to meet the current provisions to ensure a consistent, quality manufactured product
- Will make technical and quality improvement recommendations
- Will suggest cost reduction ideas
- Inspect parts to ensure customer defined dimensions are met and cosmetic defects are avoided
- Distinguish between finished goods, scrap, rework, and work in progress
- Identify and assist in the dispositioning of scrap
- Identify and communicate maintenance and/or safety issues
- Evaluate non-conformances for corrective action
- Interact with suppliers and customers to resolve quality issues
- Ability to read drawings and have a working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Experience with common measuring tools (calipers, height gage, etc.) and other small hand tools
- Capable of performing SPC on parts and experience with using SPC software
- Experience with performing Gage R & R studies
- Willingness to work with others in a team environment