Quality Engineer - Manufacturing
|Hickory, North Carolina - United States
$80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to report all metrics for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost for the organization are met and trending in the right direction. Proper production preparation, quality, time accuracy, through the implementation of continuous improvement are key.
- Report all metrics for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost for the organization are met and trending in the right direction. Proper production preparation, quality, time accuracy, through the implementation of continuous improvement are key.
- Act as lead product and process quality expert for customers and internal organization in the case of materials, coatings, and assembly application.
- Prepare for and manage all source inspections working with the customer and internal organziation.
- Read, analyze, and discuss customer required specifications managing all qualification kick-off meetings and put decisions into actions. Works to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies to determine appropriate action and to solve a variety of problems. Analyze nonconforming reports, returned products and recommends corrective action.
- Develop, revise, apply and maintain quality procedures, quality plans, documents and work instructions in accordance with IS09001, AS9100, NADCAP, S1000, industry standards, and customer requirements. Participate in product development to assure all quality issues are addressed.
- Implement methods of procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and calibration of equipment. Performs a variety of duties to independently perform dimensional, visual and non-destructive testing of diversified components and assemblies to ensure fabrication and equipment are in compliance with engineering, industry standards and customer approved documents.
- Interface with all areas of the company, its customers and suppliers on quality issues. Initiate and maintain the implementation and closure of corrective actions. Participate in the resolution of corrective actions and verifications of actions implemented.
- Review shop work orders and identify quality related requirements to purchase orders.
- As required, perform internal & external audits and surveys with compliance to the Management Systems, industry standards, and customer requirements. Develop reports based on inspection and audit results. Participate in audits from external sources.
- Participate in Root Cause Corrective Action activities to permanently eliminate defects. Utilize 8D and DMAIC approach to problem solving and non-conformances.
- Adhere to the Company's Quality and Safety Management System and in accordance with its procedures and requirements.
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to improve Key Performance Indicators for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Participate in Kaizen events, promote positive employee environment, and community involvement.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all company policies including adherence to good safety practices. Training of personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Materials Science, Mechanical or Chemical Engineer bachelor’s degree or over 10 years equivalent experience is required.
- ISO9001, AS9100, NADCAP, GE S1000, and Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience required. Certified as an ASNT Level III Fluorescent Penetrant Inspector is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in the Quality or Engineering field with a minimum of 7 years’ experience. Industrial gas turbine, aerospace, or automotive industry strongly preferred.
- NPI/APQP experience is required. Thorough knowledge of quality assurance programs and engineering method & principles.
- New company startup experience preferred.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, be able to read and write English fluently, and have the ability to interact with all levels of customers, including technical managers.
- Experience with ERP systems, including quality Module, bill of materials, and work flow routing is preferred.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret blueprints and specifications. Ability to read and interpret and write technical procedures and documents. Firm understanding and use with precision measuring devices and techniques used to measure component characteristics.
- Position requires experience, initiative, ingenuity and the ability to work independently to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. Self-motivated and multi-task oriented.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project and ERP. SAP experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of both metric and US measurement systems.
- Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree