|Syracuse, New York - United States
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great role in a growth oriented company with a team focused, innovative culture.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for establishing and executing quality systems to support compressor production and ensure compliance with code and engineering requirements. They will establish necessary quality tracking tools, perform root cause analyses, and define and implement corrective actions.
Duties and Tasks:
- Read & Interpret engineering specifications.
- Support Definition of influencing factors within the processes that impact quality.
- Define ways to monitor + measure factors (this includes but is not limited to: test procedures + equipment).
- Monitor process influencing factors (these include but are not limited to torques, paint systems, titrations, humidity’s, maintenance activities,….).
- Review, analyze and document deviations to plan & eventually quarantine deviating products.
- Lead and drive root cause analysis with relevant parties to avoid deviations.
- Oversee + support standardization of improved processes from quality perspective.
- Coordinate calibration of equipment with suppliers providing calibration services.
- Define audit schedule and report and track findings.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
- Use BIPROS continuous improvement practices in manufacturing and quality areas to improve overall process efficiency and product quality.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Problem-solving skills
- Hands-on. Willing to be involved with and lead production issue resolution teams.
- Minitab experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Engineering drawing and GD&T
- Data acquisition and analysis experience
- Knowledge of general inspection methods and gages required
- Unigraphics and/or AutoCAD a plus
- Gage and tool design experience a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- CMM Programming experience a plus
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to analyze process engineering issues and deep dive root causation.
- Experience of Standardized work documentation and Layered Process Audits
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively meet and communicate with inter-department as well as cross-functional colleagues and any other interested party
- Daily contact requires courtesy, discretion and sound judgment.
- Solid PC skills using Microsoft Office software, as well as a working knowledge of general office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, phones.)
- Good written communication skills and effective organizational skills.
- This job is predominantly performed in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; stoop; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree