|Title:||Quality Engineering Supervisor|
|Job Location:||Terre Haute, Indiana - United States|
|Salary:||$75,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||10% profit sharing, Pension, 401k|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Being part of a leaderhsip team that's building out a brand-new fabrication facility that will servcie the other 9 manufacturing plants
Well established company with a well-known, pedigree brand
Growing company in a growing industry. The next 2-3 years should be signifcant
Because of the industry growth, the company is investing capital in people, facilites, processes and technology
Opportunity to work independently and make decisions
Reports directly to Quality Manager at the facility
Solid compensation package that includes a generous pension plan that's more unusual to find anymore
For more than 120 years, this company has earned its reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality. Their commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken them from a small steel fabricating company to the most-recognized manufacturer in their industry around the world.
With thousands of employees worldwide, teamwork and collaboration are valued. They look for employees who are driven, determined and ready to accelerate their future. With advancement opportunities, training and tuition reimbursement.
Under the direction of the Quality Manager, the Quality Supervisor is crucial to the implementation of the brand-new facility for central fabrication. This facility will provide parts to all 9 locations across the USA. This position will also provide support to all Central Fabrication operations teams.
• Collaborate with quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
• Review dimensional reports and develop action plans to maintain process control and stability.
• Work with a team to identify product critical and significant characteristics and to tailor reports to highlight those areas of the product.
• Lead a team of technicians to execute the control plan and maintain weld process control and stability.
• Develop and Manage Quality Planning activities via the use of Advanced Product Quality Planning methods.
• Be the owner of the Central FAB control plan, adherence to its content, and maintenance of all quality related KPI’s.
• Provide quality engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
• Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
• Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, and implementing action plans.
• Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
• Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
• Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
• Participate and lead development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
• Develop and maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
• Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
• Extract and analyze data using JDEdwards, excel, and minitab and present for review to the leadership teams
• Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of the customer.
• Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and Maintenance to resolve customer complaints and concerns
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in automotive or heavy industrial environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, prefer Manufacturing or Mechanical.
• Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
• Fabrication processes (welding, arc or MIG) & manufacturing experience with automated assembly systems.
• Knowledge of PFMEA’s, control plans, PPAP’s and other quality related documents.
• Understanding of metrology equipment and their application.
• Practical knowledge and usage of Statistical process control (SPC).
• Knowledgeable in visual and other weld inspections criteria: Experience with destructive and non-destructive weld testing, cut and etch, x-ray, magnaflux, etc.
• Supplier technical experience and ability to program would be preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree