Quality Laboratory Technician
|Peekskill, New York - United States
$50,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This company is the leader in their industry.
They strive to hire only those candidsted that they feel can grow beyound the position they been hired for.
POSITION SUMMARY- QUALITY LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
My client a well know manufacturer of Building Materials a Quality Processing Laboratory Technician. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Laboratory Technician is responsible for providing quality and technical support to Manufacturing by ensuring raw material, process and product quality tests are performed in a timely manner to meet standards and surpass customers’ expectations. This support also includes monitoring process parameters, assisting with plant trials on new materials, equipment or products and assisting with the investigation of quality defects (internal and external). The Quality Laboratory Technician provides training to personnel on quality testing and product specifications and has the ownership of the Plant’s calibration program.
- Verifies (or calibrates, as appropriate) feeders, pumps and automated quality measuring equipment (e.g. Limab, Sensortech),
- Active involvement in the WCM Quality (and other assigned) Pillar utilizing tools therein
- Follows all safety policies, procedures and programs; is responsible for individual safety and the safety of others
- Establishes and maintains the highest degree of housekeeping and 5S (Sorting, Straightening, Shining, Standardizing, Sustaining) to realize a professional and efficient work environment
- Actively participates in AIB (Area Improvement Board) or equivalent quality reviews with plant team
- Understands and uses Change Management Processes (Plant-level and Corporate) as needed
- Performs laboratory testing on a routine basis per the Control Plan frequency to ensure raw material, in-process and finished product quality meets Regulatory, internal and customer requirements and specifications.
- Post-secondary technical degree/diploma coupled ideally with Quality Control/Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of SPC techniques and process instrumentation
- Knowledge (or previous experience) of World Class Manufacturing systems (WCM)
- Ability to work fast and accurately with mathematical calculations
- Ability to communicate quality objectives and results to the Operators/Technicians on the floor to effect actions that contribute to improvement of quality
- Ability to use or learn WCM (e.g. Q-EWO, QK, OPL, etc.) and seven basic QC tools (e.g. Pareto chart, check sheet, etc.) to analyze and implement quality and process improvement initiatives
Relocation Assistance provided
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years