Quality Manager - Tier I to Mercedes and Honda
|Birmingham, Alabama - United States
$80,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Bonus - 10% Potential
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
OUR CLIENT, a leading Tier-1 supplier of components for the automotive industry, has a full-time Quality Manager position open at their facility located east of Birmingham, AL. This position reports to the General Manager.
The Quality Manager will implement and oversee the administration of all methods and procedures to ensure conformity to blue print, customer specific and/or company specifications of all production material. The Quality Manager also must coordinate, communicate and regulate quality related issues and/or policies such as IATF 16949, ISO 140001 and all other disciplines throughout the manufacturing process.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains quality assurance objectives and metrics
- Maintains customer relationships, including scheduling of customer visits
- Ensures that company policies and procedures are followed
- Responsible for implementation and compliance to IATF 16949 as the Management Representative
- Directs and develops employees engaged in quality assurance activities including PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Gage R&R, Supplier Qualification, Calibration systems and Corrective & Preventative Actions
- Audits and tracks supplier quality performance
- Provides preventative measures for in-process part qualification through random inspection, dock auditing and maintenance or a statistical process control program, as well as, analyzing data to evaluate the current process and changes
- Operates CMM to inspect and perform studies on components
- Oversees layered audit procedure and process
- Prepares and presents technical, program and operation information to the management team
- Implements quality assurance training programs for personnel in conjunction with Managers, Supervisors and Leaders
- Maintains documentation and records of Quality department functions
- Involvement in Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Develops, implements and controls all procedures directly relating to product quality
- Controls and maintains (calibration) of all quality devices (gages, fixtures, tools)
- Investigates nonconformities and develops, initiates and verifies corrective actions
- Records and tracks the measurement of quality using the cost of quality as a reflection of the price of nonconformance
- Manages the Quality department budget
- Commits to quality and a safe and healthful work environment for all employees
- Assists the organization in implementation of lean, standardized work and continuous improvement activities
- Attends and participates in the Fast Response, Departmental and Manager, and all other meetings as necessary
- Participates in continuous improvement activities, submits improvement suggestions (CI, Safety)
- Ensures that company policies and procedures are adhered to including IATF16949, ISO14001, and Labor Agreement
- Follows all safety regulations and policies, as designated by local, state and federal laws, along with Plant & Company policies
- Reports unsafe conditions
- Manages employees in the Quality department
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these areas
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Additional responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and mentoring employees; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years of experience in an automotive environment
- Experience working for a Tier I automotive supplier to Mercedes required.
- Experience working with European and Japanese OEM’s such as Daimler and Honda will be a major plus.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree