|Cromwell, Connecticut - United States
$100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
75 Year Old Company with International presence and Manufacturer of Electro-mechanical components used by All Armed Forces here and many foreign Military units.Must come from either a Defense Manufacturing background or a Mfg that provides Components to the Military or Aerospace Industry.Must have managed others-preferably -5-10,QA engineers and techs.Strong preference for a candidate from Northeast or Connecticut ties.No contractors or Job-Hoppers.
The Manager, Quality Assurance works under the general direction of the Vice President of Quality to administer the quality program, including quality assurance engineering, calibration, metrology, receiving and assembly inspection and provide leadership for continuous improvements maximum product quality and customer satisfaction for Electro-Mechanical Components
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, formulate and direct the quality assurance program in accordance with Kaman quality standards and customer policies and requirements.
- Provide leadership for continuous quality improvements in Kaman systems, processes, management and overall quality engineering support. Responsible for operational performance budgets specific to the quality department, continuous cost improvements and support of proposals.
- Support and participate in internal and customer program reviews that provide the status of quality programs, and other specific assigned tasks.
- Support manufacturing by providing guidance and direction such that the product cells are responsible for their own evaluations, processes and quality. Assure coordination and integration of work flow with continuous improvement through lean activities ands other initiatives.
- Provide the necessary quality inputs either directly or indirectly to support the timely submission of proposals. Review firm work (estimates to complete) and anticipated work (marketing plans) to ensure the proper amount of resources are being applied for current and expected work.
- Establish department metrics and provide reports that monitor performance, budgets, schedule, customer satisfaction, etc. Review and monitor quality cost in all programs and provide estimates at completion. Track and report the cost of quality, including tracking scrap material.
- Conduct and participate in regular audits, as required, to meet quality standards and detect systemic issues. Serve as management Representative for AS9100 audits. Conduct quality reviews consistent with AS9100 and ISO requirements
- Develop department budgets, adhering to budget parameters and operational performance budgets specific to the quality department, continuous cost improvements and support of proposals.
- Conduct regular department meetings to inform employees of general activities of the department. Plan and make necessary changes for skill requirements, workload fluctuations, etc. Maintain adequately trained staff to support the overall quality department and corporate goals. Maintain a high level of personnel standards by appropriate evaluation and training such that the overall quality department shows continuous improvement.
- Ability to use and understand quality tools and ability to understand the concepts and usage of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT).
- Ability to obtain/maintain secret security clearance.
Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as electrical, electronic, mechanical engineering involving the use of a broad theoretical knowledge. Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, or engineering technology. Excellent written communication and working knowledge of a computer and associated applications software required. Green Belt trained, Black belt a plus. Over 10 years up to and including 13 years’ experience in a manufacturing defense industry environment.No Job Hoppers.MUST be US Citizen
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree