|Oshkosh, Wisconsin - United States
$110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Compensation: $110k - $130K plus 10% bonus
A local and large North American manufacturer is seeking a Plant Quality Manager in their Oshkosh, WI plant.
The Plant Quality Manager is the quality advocate for the plant, providing leadership for the quality and food safety systems and programs. Key drivers are assuring compliance to specifications on incoming materials, in-process conditions and finished products. The Plant Quality Manager also assures the ongoing reduction of quality attribute variation utilizing Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology to improve the acceptance of the products manufactured. In addition, Plant Quality Managers must serve as the point of contact with customers when product quality exceptions occur.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
- Provide hands-on management of the elements of the Quality Management System. These include quality action plans, customer complaints and internal holds, standard work, audit processes, document control, test methods, and quality test equipment. Ensure training is conducted for quality management system elements.
- Ensure plant systems are tied into corporate standards via reviews and audits
- Generate scorecards and reports for all aspects of plant quality, not limited to and including VOC, CARs, SCARs, COAs, SPC reporting, losses, internal, and third party & customer audits.
- Ensure the food safety management system is established, implemented, maintained and updated per FSSC 22000 requirements.
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis and process capabilities for process and product quality.
- Independently manages customer interactions as it relates to product or service quality
- Identify, define and promote awareness of customer requirements for the plant.
- Manages and trains the activities of the Quality Team including the lab/quality technicians.
- Actively participates and leads teams in support of continuous improvement initiatives
What We Need From You:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other Technical discipline AND 7-10 years of manufacturing industry experience to include positions in both quality QA/QC and Operations/Production.
- ASQ CMQ/QE or ASQ CQE certification strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of demonstrated achievement in a Quality Leadership position.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or willingness to obtain such certification is required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of common Quality and Problem Solving tools such as Statistical Analysis, DOE, Pareto charts and Histograms
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree