Quality Manager-Flexographic Printing
|New York City, New York - United States
$100,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Lead the daily implementation of the Quality Management System, to include quality assurance practices, quality control measures and continuous improvement projects. The Quality Manager must be a “hands on” leader and heavily engaged with production, customer service and customers to insure that the facility is meeting customer expectations. This role requires excellent communication and computer skills, specifically in the development of Microsoft Word documents, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- Oversee SQF policy standards to insure they are implemented, practiced and maintained
- Manage and be accountable for the relationship with external auditing bodies
- Maintain quality metrics and implement applicable corrective and preventative actions
- Provide strategic direction and guidance for the implementation and adherence of all quality programs internally and at raw material suppliers
- Provide technical support to plant management regarding process/product improvements including key financial input
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Communicate any issues that may arise to the leadership team
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in Printing and Quality Management
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None.
Abilities, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know root cause failure analysis methods (Five Whys, RCFA, PDCA, or FMEA).
- Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, WorHave experience performing process audits and understand how to respond to any nonconformanAttention to detail.Experience in Offset/Flexo Printing or related field
- Critical thinking.Desired: Lean or Six Sigma experience
- Knowledge of SQF Quality Systems
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree