|Title:||Quarry / Plant Manager - Aggregate Materials|
|Job Location:||Boston, Massachusetts - United States|
|Salary:||$100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||plus 12% bonus, can earn up to 20%|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
Must have quarry and / or cement plant experience
Our client, a Top 5 producer of cement and aggregate materials Globally, is seeking a strong, experienced Aggregates Quarry / Plant Manager for their Boston (North Shore area) location. They've had a devil of a time filling this position and have finally assigned us the tough search. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
2 big challenges, Cost of Living... Location... Boston Area. Also, they want someone who's passionate about the industry, highly promotable, eager... This plant does 1.5 Million Tons annually. This individual will manage the entire process from Production to Maintenance to handling issues with City Hall... Need someone well rounded. Will manage a team of 20. Will relocate from US. No foreign relocations for this location. We've got 20+ years of experience dealing with this company, but this is one of the first since they've been acquired. Reports to: This role reports to the Operations Manager (who oversees multiple plants)
The Quarry Manager ensures optimal production w/highest quality so that stone quarry sites operate successfully. Oversees all operations, coordinate production, monitor site systems and hire / develop staff.
Company operates several regional construction materials businesses in the United States. Regional businesses participate in all sectors of the construction industry, supplying aggregates-based materials and contracting services to a wide range of projects.
Customer: Their commitment is to putting the customer first every time. Customer service, quality products, and consistency should be the benchmarks.'
• Assures quarry’s production levels are maintained safely, on-schedule.
• Closely monitors production to ensure that extraction / processing work is carried out to highest quality standard.
• Assists staff on site in responding to any technical or staffing issues
• Alters production in accordance with materials required. Manages the production process
• Manages / regulates Quarry budget. Provides information and statistics on performance to GM and other Sr. managers as requested.
• Maintains up-to-date records to include inventory, inspection systems and checklists, and financials.
• Keeps abreast of key government health, safety / environmental regulations, assures that they are implemented throughout the Quarry.
• Conducts regular site inspections to assure compliance.
• Assesses equipment, orders new materials as required, coordinates with internal and external maintenance to address plant and equipment readiness, assures that all vehicles on site are maintained to a good standard.
• Works with direct reports to establish development plans.
• Provides coaching and continuous, constructive feedback and general work direction.
• Conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews in accordance with Company policies.
• Issues corrective action as necessary. Participates in succession planning.
• Provides training and development opportunities for staff.
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Bachelor of Science Degree in Minerals Engineering, Environmental Sciences/Engineering, Geology/Mining Geology, Mining Engineering/Technology or related discipline.
Additional Education Preferred: Associates/Technical Degree
Coursework in risk assessment, supervising safety in quarries, quarry safety inspections and quarry regulations helpful
Required Work Experience: 7-10 years experience in the field or related area
Travel Requirements: none
Required Computer and Software Skills: Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Accounting/Financial systems and Microsoft Office applications. SAP experience preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree