RF Electronics Technician
|Syracuse, New York - United States
$20.00 - $22.00 - US Dollars - Hourly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
RF ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN
** No C2C or 3rd parties. Must be a permanent US resident or US Citizen to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Syracuse company seeking an RF/Electronics Technician to support Manufacturing. Activities will include testing, troubleshooting, and repairing production systems, parts and equipment including radio frequency (analog and digital) signals, digital signal processing, power/voltage regulation. Testing and troubleshooting will be done at both the component and system level.
- Follow established unit test procedures and processes to accomplish daily manufacturing operations
- Troubleshoot RF and digital failures down to component level, including both the system to component level and the component to IC level
- Use automated test stations and manual bench configurations to accomplish tasks
- Work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and have the ability to multi-task and change job tasks on short notice
- Work as a key contributing member of the manufacturing production team
- Perform tasks of moderate scope; may lead specific tasks within the scope of a larger project
- Plan technical support functions required to support engineering, research, manufacturing and development projects and activities; functions may include setup, maintenance, circuit testing, assembly, installation, troubleshooting and fabrication
- Write up detailed data summary for discrepancy documentation to show results of test processes during the repair/troubleshooting process
- Manually set up test equipment for troubleshooting
- May be working with part of a team or be independently
- Associate degree in electrical engineering technology or Military/technical school degree in a related field(s) and 3 or more years of experience in a related electronics environment OR High school diploma and 6 years of experience in a related electronics environment field(s) is also acceptable.
- Candidate must possess hands-on skills with multi-meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum and network analyzers, and RF power meters.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude and have small tool skills
- Must be able to interpret and work from electronic schematics, blueprints, and test specifications/instructions
- Must have solid computer skills to include the use of MS Office, Internet browsers and the use of Linux command line is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to demonstrate time management skills and to solve problems independently
- A background in Radio Frequency (RF) theory and/or operation is a plus
- IPC J-STD-001 Solder certification is a plus
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years