This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||RF Test Range Field Service Engineer Job # 3203|
|Job Location:||Carson, California - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
This RF Antenna field service engineer will be an intricate part of our Los Angeles, CA based team, and support some of the world’s most sophisticated and fascinating equipment. A bonus is the location, where the weather is GREAT year-round, and the cultural and recreational activities are endless. Salary and benefits offered are also highly competitive.
Job # 3203
We are hiring an RF engineer in a field service capacity who is energetic, smart and passionate about antenna testing. You will excel in a high tech environment developing innovative solutions to solve our customer’s needs. The RF Engineer plays an essential role in the process of understanding customer needs, translating them into requirements and formulating affordable solutions. The RF Engineer's activity is directed to the customer by the Marketing and Sales organizations.
We are the leading worldwide supplier of microwave/antenna instrumentation products, systems and technologies for antenna, component, radome and Radar Cross Section (RCS) measurements. We deliver engineering solutions and advanced products for a wide range of technical applications where precise measurement, motion control and data acquisition is required. We also offer extensive in-house test and measurement facilities covering frequencies from 250 MHz to 110 GHz.
This position works closely with our customers, our business office and engineering staff to create the solution with the best value for the customer. The RF Engineer needs to have capabilities across technical, marketing and business areas. This position does require approximately 50% domestic and international travel, as portions of this work takes place at our customers facilities. The successful candidate will be required to coordinate multi-disciplined teams of engineers in a consolidated effort to successfully deliver systems for microwave measurement of various test items such as antennas and radomes used in radar, communications, satellite data transfer and other applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- You must have the ability to obtain or hold an active U.S. Government security clearance.
- 5 plus years of directly applicable industry experience coupled with a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Math is Required. A Masters degree is desirable
*** This is a senior level engineering position, therefore we respectfully ask that Entry Level candidates or/and students not apply ***
• Support customer test/production facilities on regularly scheduled or as-required basis
• Ability to analyze diverse requirements in RF/Microwave measurements with a detailed understanding of mechanical design processes to deliver complex system solutions
• Strong analytical skills to understand complex technical systems and problem solve.
• Significant experience customer interaction and systems design and analysis.
• Strong background in RF systems such as radar, satellite, or telecom
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work well with many departments to develop solutions for the customer consistent with our business goals.
• RF system design, specification development and interpretation, microwave communications
• Familiarity with microwave antenna design and measurement
• Hands-on experience with a variety of antenna test ranges and knowledge of mechanical positioning systems
• Familiarity with , HFSS, MATLAB, CST, GRASP or other industry analytical tools
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree