|Indianapolis, Indiana - United States
$85,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great company, in business over 50 years. They manufacturing seating and restraints for trucks, buses, emergency vehicles, off road, etc. They are leaders in their niche.
- Take charge of projects and work to priorities required to meet dates in action plans for product designs and projects that are in accordance with the objectives and strategic plans of the company, constantly pursuing concurrent engineering philosophies.
- Pursue new product development projects using the IPT development process, when required. Complete all Engineering Responsibilities to assure complete and timely Lap reviews.
- Maintain necessary documentation to adequately document the project /design.
- Analyze test results and adjust designs, if necessary, to achieve performance objectives.
- Assist the Marketing Department and Sales Department by providing timely prototype samples, product designs, sketches, and technical presentation materials as required.
- Quickly analyze innovative ideas (your own or others) to determine if further, more detailed work is warranted.
- Provide engineering and or trip reports on project activities, testing results, vendor visits, customer feedback and trade shows.
- Work with the Prototype Shop to construct working prototype models when applicable.
- Develop your own product ideas that meet the Company’s objectives.
- Develop an organizational plan for projects that supports the pursuit of objectives in line with IPT process that supports pursuit of objectives based on utilization of all resources in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Record all purchase order tooling and prototype activity in the Innovation spreadsheet for project cost accounting purposes.
- Help maintain APQP & IPT documentation.
- Work with Engineering Services, External Design Groups, and Internal Design Engineers to provide drawings and specifications which identify and control product design to achieve desired quality, reliability and performance requirements.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information in use (such as prints, sketches, PDS, cost analysis, bill of material, patens, etc.) Also ensure that any confidentiality and patent assignment agreements are signed and are appropriate files.
- Work with patent attorneys to provide protection for product/inventions where prudent and agreed to by Engineering Management, and ensure those patents are kept in force.
Hiring manager loves engineers that are tinkerers, work on cars, engines, anything mechanical.
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- 2-7 years of Product Design experience, preferably with mechanical components.
- Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Proficient with 3D solid modeling design software, Solidworks preferred.
- Plastics, Stampings, and Sheet Metal design development experience required.
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Self-starter; a “can do” individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Collaborative leader and team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering field (BSME, BSMET) required.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree