|Job Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
With a history that goes back almost 100 years, this Global Chemical company is committed to conducting business activities with the highest levels of integrity and ethical standards and ensure a safe and healthy environment for their employees with equal opportunities. They are currently seeking an R&D Manager to lead a team of senior development chemists and help achieve their growth goals in industrial performance chemicals. Competitive salary, bonus and benefits. Relocation assistance available.
• Ensures R&D projects are prioritized and completed in a timely manner and allocates resources based on business priorities. Establishes new product roadmaps as a critical leader on the management team.
• Provide technical support to Sales team/customers as well as internally (ie product trouble shooting, quality issues, product mfg SOPs, etc)
• Support commercial efforts through executing on project initiatives, product development and regular interaction with customer technical teams.
• Responsible for successful commercial projects completion for defoamers, silicones and other additives in Architecture/Industrial coatings applications (ie paint, wood, concrete, protective, corrosion, etc). Other applications include various construction, adhesive, and graphic arts/printing, etc
• Support production as needed for quality, process and customer issues
• New Product Development): Develop product designs centered on unmet needs by the market and utilize customer testing protocols and equipment for proper benchmarking where possible.
• Coach technical staff to increase overall team formulation and industrial application expertise.
• Provide needed support for product scale-up operating procedures.
• Manage project pipeline ensuring timely flow through proper stages to commercialization
• MS or PhD in Chemistry with at least 6 years of additive formulating experience. Experience in coatings, adhesive and construction segments preferred.
• Experience in new product development and coatings application expertise of test methods in paint, protective, concrete, wood, etc are preferred.
• Ideally a coatings focused person with solid additive formulation experience and strong on processes used to track/monitor new product development stages.
• History of extensive customer interaction. Experience conducting market discovery needs interviews highly desirable
• Previous experience in managing a laboratory staff along with improving staff’s level of expertise
University - Master's Degree