Region HR Manager - Manufacturing
|Chicago, Illinois - United States
$115,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Company is growing and has done well during COVID. Room for growth with this global fortune 500 manufacturing company.
The Regional HR Manager will provide all facets of HR management for 3 industrial manufacturing non-union plants located in Chicago, IL, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Northwest Indiana with a total of 150 employees and serve as a strategic member of their respective leadership teams. This role will be critical in working across the Supply Chain and more broadly to proactively identify and execute on organizational priorities and drive culture change. This is both a strategic and tactical hands-on individual contributor HR leadership role with multi-site responsibility to elevate and integrate 3 industrial manufacturing sites with world class HR standards as part of a fortune 500 manufacturing company.
- Serve as active business partner for multiple operating entities. Provide guidance and support for full suite of HR functions, including talent management, performance management, organizational change, policy and process implementation and facilitating team performance
- Partner with business management to develop appropriate human resource plans in support of key business needs in a dynamic environment and develop / implement appropriate change management plans as required. Including recruiting, selection, as well as restructuring, and reduction of the workforce as needed
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence in areas of organizational talent & strategy, compensation & benefits, HR Operations, and employment counsel to ensure alignment and effectiveness
- Serve as active member of Components and Wabtec HR teams participating in enterprise-wide initiatives to further HR and organizational objectives.
- Provide coaching, advice, counsel, and support for leadership, managers, employees and peers
- Act as an impartial advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 3 additional years of experience in a variety of Human Resource positions; including in a client support capacity with exceptional Employee Relations skills
- Ability to travel to site locations on a regular basis including 2 days a week in the Chicago plant and 2 days a week in the Indiana plant and at least once a quarter to Wisconsin
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial / Labor Relations or Business Administration a plus
- 3+ years prior HR Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- HRIS experience with Workday or similar
- Ability to influence & engage at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects and drive change
- Strong coaching skills
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree