Regional Sales Manager - Agronomy - Prairie Provinces
|Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Canada
$60,000.00 - $125,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly
Western Canada preferrably
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are currently looking for a Regional Sales Manager - Agronomy to become an integral part of our client's team, based out of their head office.
What would you do? Within an assigned geographic territory of Saskatchewan and Alberta, you will:
- Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment, and management of the outside and inside sales team.
- Identify objectives, strategies, and action plans to improve short and long term sales and earnings.
- Perform sales activities on major accounts in consultation with the Sales Team.
- Manages personnel and develops sales and sales support staff.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
- Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products.
- Provide quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
- Coordinate proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
- Assist sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with top echelon decision-makers.
- Collaborate with Sales Team to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines.
- Interpret short and long term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
- Educate sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging products and multi-product sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts.
- Collaborate with Sales Team, Marketing and Inventory Management to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
- Reviews expenses and recommends economies.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in business, management, agriculture, or a related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years related experience in the industry, including at least three (3) years in a management capacity. The equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Product knowledge of the agronomy business is essential
- Excellent organizational skills are a necessity
- Proven expertise constructing and managing formal presentations, business plans & marketing strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal & written, an ability to impart knowledge, provide training & motivate employees
- Computer literacy – proficient with all Microsoft Office
Our client has built a successful business in distribution of fertilizers, crop protection products, and inoculants to Canadian growers through a network of sales representatives. If you want to work in a dynamic team environment and you excel when being trusted with responsibility then this is the place for you.
Ideally, you'd be based in Regina/Saskatoon but consideration will be given to those within a reasonable distance to an airport in Saskatchewan or Alberta.
Our client offers:
- A competitive compensation;
- Benefits plan; and
- An excellent opportunity for advancement within a growing organization.
How to Apply
Apply through the online application process. While we appreciate all applications, only those legally authorized to work in Canada will be reviewed.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree