Registered Nurse - Emergency Room
|White Plains, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
|sign on bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Financially stable community hospital that is growing several services rapidly. Small teams, less bureaucratic.
Award-winning MAGNET community hospital seeking a Registered Nurse - Emergency Room
Nights - 13 shifts per schedule 7pm - 7am , every other weekend and holidays
The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care.
The Registered Nurse collaborates with patients, family/significant others, peers, physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the delivery of healthcare services to patients.
The Registered Nurse assesses the patient’s needs, plans care, implements and evaluates the medical and nursing regimens in accordance with the hospital and nursing philosophy, policies/procedures and standards.
- Utilizes the nursing process to meet the age specific needs of the patient in all aspects of care: biophysical, psychosocial, education, safety/ environment and discharge planning
- Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition and priority setting related to patient care and unit-based issues. Addresses issues with appropriate actions
- Collaborates and communicates with the interdisciplinary health care team
- Integrates patient rights and nursing ethics into work practice
- Adheres to infection control standards to reduce the risk of nosocomial infections to patient and staff.
- Adheres to the tenets of the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals
- Delegates activities to ancillary staff as it relates to the State Nurse Practice Act
- Adheres to the ANA Code of Nursing Ethics & Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice
- Sustains and advances the Magnet model
- Participates in the Performance Improvement initiatives
- Completes competency requirements
- Utilizes cost containment practices
- Assumes Charge Nurse responsibility
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current New York registration
- Baccalaureate in Nursing (BSN) required
- Knowledge of current nursing, medical and health trends and practices in rendering of patient care.
- At least One year of acute care nursing experience preferred for areas other than medical surgical or step-down
- BLS certification (through American Heart Association) is required.
- ACLS certification (through American Heart Association) is required for all RNs
- PALS certification (through American Heart Association) is required
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree