Coordinate and liaise with team members to achieve designated business targets through developing and managing a portfolio of corporate accounts. This position plays a significant role in deposit and loan portfolio growth with the assigned business segment/target markets.
- Actively works with Branch GM and WBD Head/Deputy Head to identify, define and develop referral sources and business contact to ensure a consistent deal flow and achieve assigned profit and loan growth target.
- Commits to a disciplined and persistent call schedule to source prospects; Be proactive and creative in presenting the customers with financing options aiming at maximizing cross selling bank’s products and network capabilities; Participate in associations, business and community functions to enhance the overall marketing effort and visibility of the Bank.
- Performs the entire underwriting process from preparation of discussion paper, term sheet, credit application, commitment letter, to review and preparation of credit agreement, security document, and working with legal counsels, bank’s architects, environmental consultants, agent banks, where necessary, to close the transaction.
- Performs credit analysis, structuring credit proposals aligned with all applicable risk and regulatory standards, requirements, and policies with attention to the client's strategic and financial objectives/needs so as to facilitate credit approval process and maintain a high standard of operational control.
- Perform execution of account openings and deposit growth activities.
- Completes periodic review; monitor the clients / market / industry performance and trend; ensure the extended credit is operating within approved terms and conditions, and detect early warning signals so as to take timely and proactive actions to mitigate potential losses, exercising effective portfolio stewardship and control.
• Leads the relationship team to work closely with product partners and CITIC Group companies in developing financing solutions; offers Bank products and services to clients to maximize profits and benefits.
• Serves as a member of the BSA Compliance Committee, and serve as a reference person for loan-related compliance issues/requirements, including loan-related BSA/AML matters (in coordination with the Chief Compliance Officer).
- Good understanding of credit products applicable to the mid-market customers.
- Understand industry and market developments relating to corporate banking
- Understand the Bank’s policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices, standards and applicable local and regional regulations to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Intellectual Capabilities
- Solid credit analysis skills and ability to make recommendations & sound judgment
- Interpersonal Skills, Adversity and Change Management
- Excellence communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual capability, fluent in both English and Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese)
- Able to work independently and also support others within the team
- Able to travel and work extended hours as required to attend business functions and/or process credit applications.
- Education Qualification
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education.
- Working Experiences
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with track record in commercial lending or financial service industry.
- Professional Qualification / HKMA Enhanced Competency Framework Qualification / Professional Examination / License