|Title:||Release Management Lead|
|Job Location:||Berlin, Connecticut - United States|
|Salary:||$65.00 - $80.00 - US Dollars - Hourly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Great client of mine, feeding me lots of roles - I am usually the only external recruiter they have.
Pay is good - we receive 18% markup on the candidate's pay rate. So a $100/hr candidate would result in $18/hr profit. This is much better than a % of margin!!
Even though these are "contract roles", they are hired as W2 with my employer, so no payroll costs to us!
These roles usually get extended, or the employer can find additional engagements to keep them busy/engaged.
Our management consulting client seeks a Release Management Lead for a 6-12 month contract engagement.
Must be USC or GC holder, and work on W2.
Our management consulting client is seeking a Release Management Lead for a 6+ month engagement in either Boston MA or Berlin, CT.
This role will help define release management and will be socializing more broadly across the enterprise. Release management across all portfolios and responsible for establishing a release management process, strategies for governance, managing releases across broad technology landscape. Coordinating releases and ensuring they follow discipline process to production. Evaluating and recommending tools that would help support release management and automation and working with managers (test managers, development managers, PMO, etc.) Communicate broad issues around release management across enterprise. This is a leadership role to provide overall status of where release activities are as far as status, improvement, and issues. Work on defining an enterprise release calendar so it is transparent and available to entire IT dept. Broad, strategic role and strong possibility it could be temp-to-perm, but temp to start with.
Very technical person – someone who has done release engineering in the past and worked in agile framework and through agile transformation and someone who has been in a deadlocked environment. Familiar with ITIL, standard release management methodologies and best practices useful to have. Technical skills and leadership skills – release manager or above very good or experience with consulting/strategic work working with a company going through agile transformation. TFS and Visual Studio important, but combined with some Azure experience would be good.
The Release Management Lead is responsible for managing and interfacing with the team responsible for the planning, design, build, configuration and testing of all software to create the release package for the delivery of IT application. As the end customer is transitioning to Agile we are looking to redefine our release management governance, processes and oversight. We are seeking a candidate that has experience in release management across all technology platforms; Agile and DevOps experience is ideal.
• Develop common strategies and governance for release governance across multiple portfolios.
• Own the definition of the Release Management lifecycle and processes which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, software updates/patches, security improvements, projects and programs.
• Establish consistent release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
• Where necessary review and recommend tools and services to help project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
• Interface and communicate with test managers, development managers, IT operations, the PMO, and other key stakeholders on the release and delivery progress, issues and improvements.
• Develop an enterprise-wide release calendar.
• Assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence.
• Inform management of exposure to release risk and while effectively mitigating those risks.
• Establish a release cadence and effectiveness using common metrics across all software portfolios.
• Work with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
• Define common mechanisms for rollback and standards for capturing release-related performance indicators.
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go -Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
• Forecast demand for release resources and identify opportunities for greater efficiency across the enterprise.
Required Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years of expertise and leadership in Release Management.
• 2+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end-to-end delivery.
• Experience in governing both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOps lifecycles.
• Experience with CI/CD.
• Experience with automation tools and strong ability to choose the best tools and solutions for the release management function.
• Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices.
• Experience with Microsoft TFS/Visual Studio Team Systems and the Azure stack.
• Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
• Collaborative in driving decisions and strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
• Experience with Agile transformation in an organization.
• Experience working with large programs that use multiple Agile teams.
• Hands on experience with tools like Jenkins, Codefresh or other CI/CD tools.
• Experience with transformation from traditional release methods to current CI/CD methods.
• 2+ years of working in the utilities industry.
NOTE: travel expenses will not be reimbursed for weekly trips to the client site.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree