This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
Research & Development Engineer / Scientist
|Colonial Heights, Virginia - United States
$70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- This a growing company that is both young (being 2 years old) and stable (being profitable for many decades under global company before spinning off to grow)
- Have a hand in shaping who the company is going to be in 5-10 years
- Great career growth with the company
- Actively participates as a member of Process Technology team to develop new concepts for the AdvanSix business needs.
- Keen understanding of organic chemistry, with a focus on polyamide chemistry, small molecule chemistry, and applications technology to accelerate new product development
- Responsibilities include:
- Conducting laboratory and/or pilot plant experiments to develop data needed to properly design plant scale equipment
- Conducting laboratory experiments to develop all needed safety and reactivity data to allow the proper safe design of pilot plant and full-scale equipment
- Leading process hazard analysis for laboratory and pilot plant operations
- Generating data required for and composing definition of technology (process technology data packages), including preliminary design creation
- Supervise laboratory experimental operations, including design of experiments.
- Develop and support manufacturing operations world-wide
- Develop key experiments to quickly provide go/no-go decisions
- IP creation and FTP knowledge
- Facilitates coworkers R&D activities via expertise and communication
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering
- 0-5 years of chemicals or petro-chemicals process R&D experience
- Understands chemical engineering fundamentals such as fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, distillation, reaction engineering and kinetics
- Ideal candidate has MS
- Proven track record of successfully commercializing new technology from lab scale to manufacturing plant
- Requires experience with experimental design and statistical analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong laboratory experimental skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Six Sigma certification and/or Project Management a plus
- Aspen and process modeling
- Solids handing
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree