Resident Engineer- Radar
|Southfield, Michigan - United States
$85,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This client is an industry leader in the ADAS market, as they were one of the pioneers in the field.
Resident Engineer - Radar is required to play a role in the development of complex ADAS and autonomous vehicle technologies. The work ranges from systematic problem solving to vehicle troubleshooting to achieve a customer release, for one of our best clients in Southfield, MI. This client is an industry leader in the ADAS market, as they were one of the pioneers in the field.
This position is a mix of remote and on-site client work, depending on specific tasks (more remote than on-site).
Responsibilities of Resident Engineer- Radar:
- Primary customer interface for specific vehicle platforms related to the implementation and launching of radar modules
- Comprehend and effectively communicate customer requirements, needs, and wishes
- Support customer and deliverables including:
- Participation in customer meetings to ensure effective communication between NA, CN, and KR customer and regional development sites to close open points
- Developing vehicle specific configuration files and managing their release through the and GM systems
- Create and maintain numerous types of radar part numbers (model, software, calibration, manufacturing) within the GM system
- Support tracking and deliverables for Material Required Dates (MRDs) for customer prototype parts
- Support customer test bench and vehicle builds, data acquisition, analysis, and troubleshooting as required (on-site as required)
- Create and coordinate Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) within the GM system
- Ensure GM ECRs are effectively tracked against counterparts as applicable
- Propose and implement continuous improvement activities within the radar team and organization
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree required; Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years industry experience
- Ability to understand, decompose, and effectively communicate the functionality of complex systems
- Background in vehicle embedded controls/electronics development
- Prior experience with GM Vehicle Information Platform (VIP, née Global B) is a plus
- Experience in completing systematic Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (FMEAs)
- Experience with executing methodical problem solving
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree