Retail Marketing Manager (Veterinary Channel)
|Monroe, North Carolina - United States
$95,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Summary of the Position: Reporting to the Retail Marketing Director, this position will be responsible for maximizing growth of Veterinary Retail customers by leveraging core NMX brand objectives to build, manage, and customize programs to achieve profitable incremental sales and share. This role is accountable for the continued success of the retail marketing team, including articulating the strategy and vision for the Veterinary channel, measuring and developing talent, and ensuring successful planning and ongoing collaboration between marketing and sales. The individual must be logical and commercial with exceptional interpersonal and assessment skills and a keen eye for detail and analysis. They must understand the Veterinary retail environment, while working closely with the wider Sales and Marketing team. Ultimately they will drive all trade plans and oversee projects from initial ideas to concept and final stage, all of which must portray the essence and position of all NMX brands within the Veterinary channel.
- Lead development and implementation of Retail Marketing Strategies for Veterinary channels.
- Lead joint business planning with Sales and Marketing, to ensure aligned plans that drive overall sustainable NMX growth.
- Define customer segmentation strategy with Sales partners and respective customer development plans
- Develop category and shopper insights to: 1) provide a category management perspective to retail partners; 2) guide recommendations for demand support/equipment expansion
- Partner closely with Consumer Marketing to ensure that the voice of our consumer and brand are delivered through all communication touchpoints
- Manage outside agency and vendor relationships related to Retail Marketing programs.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing in establishing sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales plans by item and channel (includes forecast of premiums for quarterly loyalty programs). Coordinates ordering and fulfillment of all quarterly loyalty programs)
- Establish KPI and in-field performance measurement metrics to ensure excellence in execution
- Partners with distributor management teams to ensure flawless execution on agreed programs
- Communicate strategic and executional priorities to internal stakeholders (lead monthly planning calls with Sales and Marketing)
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and presents adjustments to selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand. Maintains approved pricing files for the vet channel
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develop and execute Joint Business Planning Goals with the Key Account management actively participate in customer presentations and planning sessions.
- Manage Distributor Contracts, with Sales
- Analyze results of channel trade efforts and make recommendations for improvements.
- Manage Trade budget and monitor spending efficiencies
- Develop annual budgets for sales/market planning process
- Analytics and Data Analysis
- Analyze syndicated sales data and POS to understand share, trends and changes in the market
- Use analytics to inform decisions, strategies and changes to the product mix, promotions and planning.
- Creates templates and generate reports in Focus and ProDecision to support brand and sales teams as appropriate
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor degree 3-5 years of marketing experience Must possess strong organizational, execution and leadership skills with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. Entrepreneurial Mindset is mandatory. Strong experience using MS Office Suite including, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Preferred Experience and Skills: Animal health industry experience pharma or OTC a plus. M.B.A. or Advanced degree a plus. Sales and Marketing experience in a CPG organization
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree