Retirement Plan Define Contribution Specialist
|Abilene, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a great Company, great reputation - named as one of the top 10 banks in the nation in their asset category in each of the past 10 years.
- This position will give you exposure to the top management of the company.
- Stability: bank has been around a long time (1890) and plans on being around for a long time.
- In addition to base salary, the retirement plan specialies is eligible for profit-sharing and 401(k). Per the client, "someone can accumulate a lot of wealth”
- Low employee turnover
- Large enough to; “offer big-bank services without sacrificing the personal relationships and small-town focus that sets us apart.”
- Position open due to upcoming retirement
- Team culture and collaborate helping each other and on new business.
- Abilene – low cost of living; six institutions of higher learning; no state income tax; lots of outdoor activities; warm climate; city population @ 115,000; MSA population @ 170,000.
As Retirement Plan Specialist, your duties will include:
- Being the main contact for plan sponsors and the bank’s defined contribution (401(k)) plans, both daily and balance forward.
- Recommend and design plans to fit client’s need
- Manage the bank’s retirement plan and make presentations to the executive team and answer questions
- Grow current book through building relationships with bank’s commercial team and participate in community professional groups i.e. Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- Oversee several TPA’s used for accounting and reporting – 5500’s
As Retirement Plan Specialist you will:
- Have experience working with plan sponsors to design their retirement plans.
- Have experience working with participants
- Have experience administering 401(k) plans
- Have experience presenting to boards
- Understand plan documents and be able to speak with sophisticated clients about plan documents, testing, safe harbor, etc.
- Experience working and overseeing third party administrators
- Experience growing a retirement plan area by working with commercial lenders and businesses in the community
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree