Risk Audit - Program Manager
|Dallas, Texas - United States
$115,000.00 - $170,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Risk Audit - Program Manager
You will support the Chief Audit Executive in delivering assurance and advisory services intended to evaluate and advance the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance methods of the financial services entity. Supports the assessment of the bank’s risk and control settings within the auditable units, regulate appropriate audit cycles, uphold an effective unceasing monitoring program, and make essential modifications to the audit plan.
Risk Audit - Program Manager Duties -
- Performing enough reviews to safeguard work contains pertinent facts to support audit scope and conclusions and obey to internal audit policies and procedures.
- Reviewing audit reports which communicate audit opinions and audit questions in a clear and succinct manner.
- Finalizing or assisting the audit director in constructing the risk-based audit plan. Embraces identifying auditable units and weighing risk within the auditable entities.
- Determining suitable audit cycles and audit strategy; and determining essential audit resources and estimated expenses associated with completion of a forward-looking audit plan.
- Cooperating across the three lines of defense concerning business processes, risks, and controls.
- Preparing and revising board, committee, and other participant reporting for comprehensiveness, uniformity with other internal audit materials, and precision of the most current information.
- Cooperating frequently with business line and risk management leaders, regulators, and external subject matter experts (SME).
- Coordinating audit activities by integrating other internal audit subject matter teams.
- Monitoring progress of audit engagements in contrast to plan and making required adjustments.
- Evaluating work completed by the audit team.
- Supervising audit team in the completion of audit engagements, ensuring the highest quality work delivered timely.
- Planning audit engagements.
Skills and education required from the Risk Audit - Program Manager -
- Expert understanding of enterprise risk management including regulatory requirements and implementation
- Proven leadership skills
- CIA, CPA or other relevant professional designation or advanced degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Capacity to manage stressful situations
- Robust critical thinking and analytical skills
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Relevant Financial Service Industry acquaintance
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10 (ten) or more years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
- Capacity to build and continuously improve working relationships with internal audit peers, business line leaders, and partners (risk and compliance)
- Capacity to independently address unique and complex conflicts with business line and effectively negotiate as needed
- Expert understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and the common definition of internal controls
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree