SAP SD Configurator
|Charlotte, North Carolina - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A 120-year-old SAP-using company in southeast Charlotte, NC has a permanent need for SAP SD configuration....
Report To: SD Business Analyst Manager
Responsible for analyzing the business needs of their clients to help identify business problems and propose solutions. The SD Business Analyst is also responsible for formulating business process scope and objectives as they relate to the SAP and non-SAP systems and help ensure integration of SAP systems with other systems. Responsible for working with programmers (SAP and various technologies) and business owners to provide solutions which are consistent with the company’s strategic direction and computing platform standards. Works closely on SAP and non-SAP specific projects and tasks, with key business and technical personnel, identifying and implementing automated or manual procedures or configuration changes.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on configuration skills in SAP SD functional modules
- Need to have skills in troubleshooting the issue, finding solutions and providing recommendations to the business users.
- Create documentation, organize and/or conduct user training.
- Provide guidance to business units in developing test and training plans and process documentation.
- Provide day-to-day user support, as well as drive improved user productivity through developing and implementing new business process and system solutions.
- Responsible for providing support month end closings.
- Experience in requirement gathering, gap analysis, documenting design, project plan, test planning, training strategy and overall implementation planning with SAP methodologies.
- Perform annual maintenance testing related to SD functions to ensure proper functionality after upgrade.
- Testing SD transactions and programs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Multi-Tasking between projects and production support is required
·Working knowledge of SAP SD functional modules and Various Technologies)
§SAP Material Management (MM)
§SAP Transportation Management (TM)
§SAP Production Planning (PP)
§SAP Advanced Planning & Optimization (APO)
§SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
§Knowledgeable on EDI process
- Strong analytical problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects.
- Exhibits confidence and the knowledge of related best business practices when solving business problems.
- Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current best business practices into fresh alternative solutions.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to facilitate interactive design and functional specification sessions.
- Facilitation skills
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Participate in projects and provide leadership in analysis and functional/technical design.
- Understand and analyze functional requirements and translate into efficient technical solutions.
- Participate in project architecture review to ensure the technical design meets the overall project requirements
- Through knowledge of understanding and execution of all processes within SAP functional modules.
- Perform accurate analysis and effective diagnosis of business operational issues and manage daily partner relationships.
- Work in self-directed environment
- Flexibility and ability to work in a global and multi-cultural environment. Understanding of team members are spread-out globally and resulting in time constraints.
- Support SAP in outstanding issues and enhancements.
- Test new SAP processes and procedures
- The individual must have 2-4 years of SAP SD extensive experience.
- Experience in SAP MM/PP modules are a plus.
- A strong attention to detail and exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to bridge technical IT "speak" and the business user's world of finance, sales and logistics terminology.
PROJECT RELATED COMPETENCIES
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Diagnose problems, develop and implement solutions in an SAP environment. Effectively understand relevant business processes so that they can be modeled in internal systems.
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for any new engagements.
- Knowledge of systems and/or business analysis design concepts. Demonstrated proficiency in the applied use of systems and process analysis tools.
Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Performs initial testing for any new developments and leads the subsequent user testing efforts.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with business owners to identify required changes.
- Communicates needed changes to development team.
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Takes input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Manages resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to the business community.
- Understands the components of running a successful project.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with clients and/or project team members.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
End Users Management
- Develops relationships with end user personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with end users to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages end user expectations effectively.