|Bethesda, Maryland - United States
$120,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Salary: 120-135k + 5% Bonus
MUST have requirements:
- SQL DBA – optimization and advanced queries
- Database Architecture – data modeling and integration
- Reporting (SSRS or any other tool)
- ETL experience (SSIS most likely)
Why is this a good opportunity:
Opportunity to help build a Data Warehouse for this company. Will also be part of exploration of newer technology and tools.
Database Engineer III is responsible for supporting the Direct to Consumer (DTC) development team with database queries and database optimization and normalization. The Database Engineer III is also responsible for the database architecture of DTC projects. This position also assists the Business Intelligence team in generating reports and report automation and supports Database Architecture and DevOps as needed.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee query optimization and database architecture for the development team.
- Review and optimize current database architecture.
- Review, code and identify optimizations.
- Support Business Intelligence team with Reporting and Report Automation.
- Support database server administration as needed.
What you bring to the team:
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in database administration and queries.
- Experience with eCommerce and relevant reporting would be ideal.
- Experience with List Pulls and Data Segmentation is required.
- Experience with database / query optimization is required.
- Extremely proficient with writing complex queries and best practices.
- NoSQL / data store (Redis) experience is a PLUS.
- Experience with large volumes of data / data warehousing.
- Experience with Columnar Databases (AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake) is a PLUS.
- Exposure to Data Visualization Tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker) is a PLUS.
- Proficient with database design / architecture and best practices.
- Must have high attention to detail with strong communication skills.
- Ability to write and optimize complex queries.
- Ability to find 'expensive' queries and optimize and segment data.