|Title:||SR. Product Development Scientist -Beverages|
|Job Location:||Neenah, Wisconsin - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Senior Product Development Scientist, Research & Development (Masters Degree or PhD & BEVERAGE exp needed) role available in North-East Wisconsin for a state-of-the-art, vertically integrated production facility.
Job Title: Senior Product Development Scientist
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: R&D, Food Scientist
Minimum Experience: 3 Years
Required Degree: Masters
Our client is searching for an R&D leadership position and our selection criteria are described below.
Position Title: Senior Product Development Scientist, Research & Development
Reports to: Director, Research & Development
Senior Product Development Scientist will join the Food & Nutrition R&D team to provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure successful implementation of new product development and manufacturing process excellence. The R&D leadership team is focused on delivering Food & Nutrition targets in quality, profit and growth with attention to customer expectations; as well as following food industry trends in ingredients, products, and processes.
• Translates product concepts to technically feasible products using information from all phases of product development.
• Applies knowledge of food science principles, ingredient functionality and interactions for optimum product design.
• Understands and integrates knowledge of various unit operations for a successful manufacturing scale-up of proof-of-concept products.
• Partners to apply structured analysis, design, and contingency planning to resolve complex product development problems.
• Develops expertise in one or more key technical areas relevant to the business and serves as technology leader and cross-functional consultant.
• Applies pertinent regulatory, quality, and nutrition guidelines during product design to ensure legal compliance and product safety.
• Generates, identifies and captures intellectual property on innovative technology to create a competitive advantage.
• Ability to effectively serve as product development lead for a business or technology platform.
• Recognizes the importance of adherence to project scope, timelines, and budget for development and launch of innovations.
• Recognizes the importance of GMP and employee safety in the workplace including compliance with company guidelines.
• Partners cross-functionally to understand customer and business requirements for the successful translation of product ideas into feasible consumer-relevant proof-of-concept products.
• Partners cross-functionally for the development of those proof-of-concept products into technically feasible innovative products.
• Develops and utilizes networking relationships with external partners, such as suppliers and research centers, to acquire and enhance technical knowledge and expertise.
• Demonstrate sound leadership and team behaviors. Serves as an example to other R&D team members.
1. MS or PhD in food science and technology.
2. 3-5 years in technical roles in the food industry desired.
3. Understands the role of sensory science relative to product development and performance.
4. Strong work ethic. Good communication and interpersonal skills to present project results and interact within multifunctional team.
5. Position involves moderate travel
MUST HAVE BEVERAGE EXPERIENCE (drinks cream, soup, etc)
Call me to get information regarding candidates.
University - Master's Degree