This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||SVP Specialty Markets|
|Job Location:||Santa Ana, California - United States|
|Salary:||$200,000.00 - $230,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
SVP, Specialty Markets is responsible for building, growing and managing profitable client facing industry verticals including all aspects of customer’s relationship with Bank. It is a sales leadership position with a business development focus. Position also requires deep expertise in all aspects of the business including: product knowledge, pricing strategies, servicing requirements, with a strong risk management orientation. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
1. Strategy/New Business: Identify, and grow industry vertical niches that match Bank’s strategy, markets, and competitive positioning.
2. Product Sales: Takes a consultative approach with clients and matches clients with the right set of treasury, card, and other non-loan products. Meets aggregate product revenue goals. In a client-centric way, seeks opportunities to improve the Bank’s NII through treasury product sales and cross-sell of fee-based products. Manages product price concessions, ECRs, and fee waivers. Partner/engage with other BUs to cross-sell relationships.
3. Deposit Growth/Deposit Pricing: Drives deposit growth consistent with bank’s appetite and at direction of Manager. Recommends/sets deposit pricing that ensures retention and promotes growth as market interest rates change, while optimizing deposit margin for the bank.
4. Deepen Client Relationships/Profitability: For existing clients, completes/ensures completion of systematic relationship reviews and cross-selling and migrating clients to the appropriate product set.
5. Marketing: Partner with Marketing to engage right visibility and marketing collateral to support strategy.
6. Market Feedback and Continuous Improvement: Ensures continuous communication loop between the Sales, Product, Deposit Operations, and Customer Service teams to make certain we have the right product set and that each client’s experience with the bank is timely, professional, and high quality. Works with internal partners to solve critical issues
7. Recruiting/Sales Team Development: Identifies and recruits talent to support business unit/bank goals. Works with Manager to create a high-performance culture and fosters collaboration within the team/bank. Coaches and mentors Sales team members at all levels. Maintains a bench of potential hires outside of bank and works with HR to manage this list.
8. Collaboration: Collaborates with key business partner (Product, Operations and Customer Service, Credit, Compliance/Risk) to ensure bank remains competitive in its chosen industry verticals.
9. Credit Support: Works with Credit Administration/Portfolio Management to facilitate client’s credit needs in accordance with industry vertical norms and Bank’s credit appetite.
10. Risk Management and Compliance: Has a robust appreciation and knowledge of risk – including BSA/AML, information security/fraud, and identity theft. Acts as a resource for our clients and cross-sells fraud prevention treasury products that will assist clients and the bank in managing risk.
Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), FHA (Fair Housing Act), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act
? Proficiency with technology work tools to maximize efficiency
? Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations governing lending
including but not limited to fair lending, privacy, RESPA as well as company operational policies and
procedures, and the company’s products and services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
? B.A. or B.S. from a 4 year accredited College or University.
? 10-15 years minimum work experience in treasury sales and client management.
? CTP certificate
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree