|Boston, Massachusetts - United States
$100,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is looking for a Pro Active Safety professional that wants to make a difference.
Our client is a leader in the field of specialty construction products. They need a proactive Safety Manager who can plan, direct and manage all safety activities related to production and fleet delivery of products, performance on job sites and terminals.
The Safety Manager is a visible presence on work sites, terminals, and the plant promoting a strong safety culture with drivers, operators, staff and management personnel.
The Safety Manager promotes core values and encourages appropriate behaviors assuring the highest possible degree of safety for employees and works closely with the Environmental Manager.
The Safety Manager interfaces with all employees at all locations and site visitors regarding plant safety matters, compliance and concerns.
- Provide Safety leadership and support for the operation, work sites, terminals, and transport
- Provide direction, accountability and responsiveness for and from department managers.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills as a member of the management team.
- Conduct compliance audits and reviews to meet company and local compliance requirements.
- Implement and oversee Safety programs/processes, attain compliance with laws and regulations.
- Drive Safety compliance by training, audits, process/equipment review, proactive risk elimination.
- Maintain, promote good relations with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies, as needed.
- Provide communication to ensure understanding and compliance for all Safety processes.
- Conduct Safety Training Programs and maintain all records as needed.
- Strengthen organizational safety culture thru employee engagement, ownership, accountability and behavior-based safety efforts, support process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain injury prevention program: JSA, incident/accident investigations, trend analysis.
- Lead develop implement site-specific training, programs, plans and procedures to exceed company safety performance goals.
- BS in Engineering or other applicable fields.
- 10 years of Safety experience in construction manufacturing or transportation industry
- Ability to create and execute programs that engage employees and enable a safe work culture.
- Strong understanding of and ability to manage systems under local, state and federal regulations.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT and MassDEP and applicable local regulations.
- Working knowledge of workers’ compensation regulations.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree