|Monee, Illinois - United States
$85,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great company looking for a Safety Manager in Monee, IL. This company has locations all over the country and offers a great benefits program to employees. \
Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, ANSI, EPA) is a must.
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene or related subject preferred. Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist also acceptable.
Depending on the requirements, they often assist in relocation.
Performs functions to provide safety leadership, ensure compliance to government regulations and company standards, train employees and supervisors to improve safety performance and instill a safety culture for the g of companies.
Under general direction:
- Plans, implements and coordinates safety programs for manufacturing, laboratory and office facilities, as well as employees working at customer locations.
- Keeps abreast of any changes in regulations and implements changes accordingly. Develops manuals, policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulations.
- Conducts or coordinates worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Responsible for all aspects of air, water and waste compliance, including air permitting and emissions tracking.
- Ensures appropriate risk assessments are conducted and corresponding follow-ups are implemented to minimize and/or eliminate accidents and environmental issues that have the potential to cause harm to one of the Company's employees, contractors, visitors, assets, or reputation.
- Monitors, implements and makes recommendations on company fleet safety program.
- Ensures company First Responders receive updated, ongoing training and certification.
- Effectively communicates the health and safety goals, objectives, performance expectations, and metrics throughout the organization.
- Leads the Worker's Compensation program and seeks to identify opportunities for cost reduction. Ensures key partners across the facility are trained on how to handle work-related injuries and that key partners within the facility are notified of a work-related injury throughout its duration.
- Performs safety audits and inspect safety facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Orders and maintains facility safety inventory including supplies, equipment and training materials.
Performs other duties as assigned. Participates in Continuous Improvement and 6S.
Follows safety rules and keeps work area in clean and orderly condition.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene or related subject preferred. Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist also acceptable.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, ANSI, EPA)
- Minimum 5 years experience in an industrial safety leadership position.
- Strong teaching, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.