Sales Agronomist - Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada - 18425

This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.

JOB DESCRIPTION

Job #: 18425
Title: Sales Agronomist
Job Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta - Canada
Employment Type:
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: variable
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO

WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?


Our client has a passion for ensuring the health of the soil!

This is a unique TERRITORY MANAGEMENT role - you won't just sell quality product(s), you will offer your customers liquid fertilizer programs that differ depending on the crop! In this role, you will be 80% sales agronomy focused with the remaining 20% offering producers short-line equipment/storage solutions; creating variety in the discussions you have day-to-day in the peak periods with a focus on other products in the winter months.

Our client's programs increase organic matter, increase soil/plant health, and create a balance in the soil (microbiology). Programs include both product and the application equipment - and you'll offer both to existing clients and will create the relationships with others - ensuring they have the best conditions in which to grow their crops!

Your primary focus is to move away from a transactional focus and to develop partnerships with customers and suppliers; ensuring maximum profitability to both the producer and to the company's bottom line. You do this by visiting their operations and getting to know their needs.

Our client's total territory stretches from Hwy 9 south to the US border, they seek your expertise to assume ONE of their territories (Southeast Alberta); further building the existing business, creating your route/schedule while developing a territory! Regular daily travel is expected throughout your territory but you plan your route to ensure you are home every night.
 

JOB DESCRIPTION

Essential duties and responsibilities include:

  • Visit producers on their farms and identify their agricultural needs specific to agronomy and crop production
  • Complete tissue & soil sampling programs; field scouting to identify weeds, disease, and nutrient deficiencies;
  • Implementing sales strategies to market products and services
  • Making pedigreed seed and/or liquid fertilizer recommendations (conventional or organic) to the grower; customizing blends as required
  • Listening to your customers and bringing recommendations regarding a new product or service to be considered
  • Increasing fertilizer, adjuvants, and micro-nutrient sales through trust and relationship building
  • Develop opportunities to educate and assist growers on new product and services that will increase their operation's profitability
  • Promoting short-line equipment/storage solution upgrades; promoting in-stock inventory based on grower needs
  • Balancing the priority to visit producers and completing quotes/answering questions/booking appointments throughout the day

QUALIFICATIONS

To be considered, you offer:

  • A post-secondary education in Agriculture; those with ability and confidence to accurately identify weeds, disease and nutrient deficiencies a must!
  • A minimum of two years sales and marketing experience with a crop input reseller required but may consider applicable experience
  • Strong interpersonal skills
  • Demonstrated experience working with a management team in the best interests of an organization
  • A background in agriculture; experience on-farm or in a rural setting is an asset
  • Clear communication; verbally and written
  • Internal drive to succeed
  • Ability to self-motivate
  • Passion to meet new Alberta producers and to contribute to their success


In return, our client is offering:

  • Competitive compensation plan
  • Benefits - health, vision, and Health Spending Account
  • Company truck with gas card (or negotiable vehicle allowance)
  • Cell phone
  • Laptop


When required, management offers a wealth of knowledge regarding soil fertility that has earned respect from area producers.

To explore this opportunity further, Apply now!


This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.

Grasslands Recruitment Specialists understands our work is always about the customer’s customer. If you have a significant understanding of agribusiness, we want to hear from you.
 

 

 

Education:
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree