|Knoxville, Tennessee - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is seeking a driven, strategic, and resourceful Sales Engineer to join their team in a remote capacity to manage a territory in the Southeast.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Engineer will combine technical and commercial acumen to cultivate and grow top line sales and expand market share within assigned territories. The role is responsible for cultivating new accounts, engaging in strategic account development, and leveraging the company’s products and resources to generate above market growth. The role will also lead in the creation of strategies and execute plans for the successful launch of new product innovations, processes, and value-added services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop new customer/market relationships that deliver increased sales growth within assigned regions or special projects representing a customer base made up of iron, steel and non-ferrous foundries. The position will be responsible to create and execute business development strategies that generate new business growth that meets or exceeds budget and strategic planning targets.
- This position will be responsible for all day-to-day business development activities, ensuring the strategic growth strategies expand both market share and top line sales. You will also coordinate with regional and global assets, channel partners, and peers to support new product launch activities and new account growth.
- Generate revenue growth in current and new product innovations by developing and executing business development strategies targeting existing and potential customers within assigned territory and product launch programs.
- Apply your business development and project leadership expertise to build and execute plans that delivers that generate market share and new product sales.
- Build new client relationships through regular engagement and face-to-face meetings, cold calling, coordinating technical meetings and trials, and securing the support of application, engineering, product management and R&D resources.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study: Business Management, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, Metallurgy
- Several years of business development or technical sales experience in foundry or relevant industry
- Demonstrated understanding of foundry consumables and equipment for ferrous and/or non-ferrous casting foundries is a definite asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic business development including new product and product launch
- Strong financial acumen
- Project Management Skills (PMI credentials or certificate of study a plus)
- Ability to learn and adapt chemical and structural engineering concepts to customer needs
- Experience developing and maintaining Business Development Project Plans as well as sales forecasts and pipelines
- Fluency in use of computer systems: Windows OS, Excel, Microsoft BI, ERP and CRM systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies to deliver complex value chains by applying financial, commercial, technical, applications, quality, and supply chain resources to achieve optimal outcomes/
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams, and conflicts, to achieve winning solutions
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree